Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does constantly changing eliquid reduce coil lifespan

Options
  • 31-03-2016 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I like to try many different juices when I vape but my coils barely last a week. Would the coils last longer if I stick to one type of eliquid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I would say it decreases the effectiveness of that coil for sure. It'll still work fine maybe, but you're never going to fully clear any flavour out without washing them [which I have done many times] so it'll seem like new flavours you're adding are muted or muddled.

I'm a bit like you. I like to change flavours often too. That's why I got a few tanks, and have recently got into RTAs and attys. You can change your wicks as often as you like with those, for every juice change even.

You can pro-long a coil's worth by washing it out in hot water and a drop of vodka, rinse off and completely dry. But it's time consuming and messy. Better off just get a cheap atty for side flavours, and use your tank for your ADV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

declantm wrote: »
    I like to try many different juices when I vape but my coils barely last a week. Would the coils last longer if I stick to one type of eliquid?

Depends on the ejuice really, any sugar content in VG/PG/flavour will caramelise on the coil and destroy it real fast.

Tobacco flavours often have a lot of sweetener (sucralose) in them and are known to kill coils quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

I saw a video on Youtube recently about coils and extending coil life, and the basic principles seem to be
    1. Wick the coil properly before first use
    2. Start vaping a new coil at the lowest rated wattage (printed on the side of it), and work up to your usual piwer level
    3. Single use juice

Advertisement