Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I heat my water separately with the Nest 3rd generation thermostat?

Options
  • 01-04-2016 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there, Just after Christmas I had the Nest 3rd Gen fitted. Initially the guy installing couldn't understand how to fit it and went away again. That evening he arranged after talking to a colleague to call again in the morning and fit the thermostat. This he did but I can only turn on and off the heating. I have no control over my hot water. In order to heat water I have to manually turn off my motorised valves or else turn the analog thermostats (which the installer left in situ) down in order for the water heated to go to the hot water tank.
    surely there must be a way to control the water and heating as advertised?
    I don't even have the option of heating water on the android app that I see some people talking about. 

Can you advise me of the following:
    1: Can I replace my two wire analog thermostats with nest thermostats? (I have one already)
    2: Can I heat my water separately using the nest thermostat?

Thanks

Christy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi christybannon,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you forward us on the following details so that we can arrange for a member of our Home Services team to contact you?
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number
    • Your full name as it appears on your account
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Thanks,
    David

________

• Registered Users Posts: 6 christybannon

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Hi,
    I also got a Nest installed today but with no option to heat hot water. Installer said it couldn't be done. Can you look into this for me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi toby2111,

Thanks for your message.

Could you send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Eleectric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement