Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co2 Homebrew

Options
  • 01-04-2016 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi, any one tell me where I can get co2 for home brewing refilled in the Clare / Limerick or Galway area. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

BPH wrote: »
    Hi, any one tell me where I can get co2 for home brewing refilled in the Clare / Limerick or Galway area. Thanks.

Your local Green party td will fill you some from the balloon he exhales into. But you'll need to recycle it when you're done or pay a CO2 tax per litre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There are plenty of other forums on Boards for weak jokes. Practical answers only here, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

April Fools' Day is celebrated every year on 1 April by playing practical jokes and spreading hoaxes.

The jokes and their victims are called April fools. People playing April Fool jokes expose their prank by shouting April Fool. Some newspapers, magazines, and other published media report fake stories, which are usually explained the next day or below the news section in small letters. Although popular since the 19th century, the day is not a public holiday in any country.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Polite request didn't work, so have a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Hi BPH is see HBW sell them so they must have an idea who recharges them

http://www.homebrewwest.ie/co2-cylinder-2-kg-filled-2985-p.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Try getting onto eventbars.ie they definitely have a place in Galway, otherwise Munster co2 in Cork is the only place I know of outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭BPH

Hi BPH is see HBW sell them so they must have an idea who recharges them

http://www.homebrewwest.ie/co2-cylinder-2-kg-filled-2985-p.asp

Hi, Thanks for reply. I homebrew and hate bottling the beer, looking for alternative. No idea what's involved getting co2 for dispensing beer. Some places say welding co2 is suitable, others say no. I'll keep looking on Google and see if I can get answer. Thanks.

Hi, Thanks for reply. I homebrew and hate bottling the beer, looking for alternative. No idea what's involved getting co2 for dispensing beer. Some places say welding co2 is suitable, others say no. I'll keep looking on Google and see if I can get answer. Thanks.

Yep - I hate bottling too. I'm not a huge brewer and tend to avoid the coolest months. Having one of the deluxe corny setups in the kitchen was pretty much out of the question - unless I wanted to move into the barn.

So I dabbled my feet with a Kingkeg (http://www.homebrewwest.ie/king-keg-top-tap-draft-beer-upgrade-for-brewsmarter-starter-kits-342-p.asp) - does the job for me. So now I'll bottle about 10 or so bottles to keep and then keg the rest.

Also went on to the larger refillable CO2 thing as well (http://www.homebrewwest.ie/hambleton-bard-s30-cylinders-240g-super-30-home-brew-carbon-dioxide-1276-p.asp).

The above works for me, all the best ;)

Those co2 cylinders might get me going until I get more info on larger cylinders. Thanks for the info.

Those co2 cylinders might get me going until I get more info on larger cylinders. Thanks for the info.

You probably saw it anyway, but Homebrewwest refill those small cylinders.

It's pretty slick. The driver comes with a full one and you hand him the empty - €10.96.

Again it works for me - good luck ;)

• Advertisement

cheers, how long would that cylinder last you ?

Depends how long you take to drink the keg.

For me a couple of weeks. Its done 5 or 6 kegs or so.

Thanks for the pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Does anybody serve from the keg at room temperature? Or at least outdoor temperature?

ian_m wrote: »
    Does anybody serve from the keg at room temperature? Or at least outdoor temperature?

Yep. I brew ales and stouts - I don't like them chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Yep. I brew ales and stouts - I don't like them chilled.

Is it foamy?

ian_m wrote: »
    Is it foamy?

First couple can be a bit lively ;)

Advertisement