Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor drink in the sun in Dublin

Options
  • 01-04-2016 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna list out outdoor patios/beer gardens in Dublin that get the sun at certain times and I need some help. With the sun yesterday evening I was inspired to write up this list. The sun is gone but we may have the odd nice day over the next 5 months.
    Most useful ones would be the west facing ones in the evening after work or south facing for most of the day.
    Bit of a list of places here, but I think some of them are either tiny outdoor areas, or very dark with no sun getting in. Some are places I have never been in, eg. Marker.
    Any additional info for each place is welcome. And also any additions to the list (I'm sure there's lots, especially away from town).

Town
    Wigwam, Abbey St
    1st floor
    Fade St social, Georges St Terrace out on street, west facing
    Oil can harrys, Grand Canal
    Marker,Grand Canal Top floor, South facing. Possibly gets sun from other sides due to its height
    10 stephens Green
    Odessa, Dame Ct Upstairs
    Dean hotel, Harcourt St Top floor, East facing
    Toners, Baggot St Beer garden
    O’Briens off Leeson St Out on the street in the front and side, South and west facing

The Barge, Charlemont Bridge Out the front on the canal, South facing
    Dicey Reillys, Harcourt St Large area, probably gets sun from different directions
    Stags Head, Dame ct. Large area shared with other pubs, some West and South facing

Outside town
    Blue light dublin mountains North, East facing
    Gibneys malahide In the middle, surrounding walls may block direct sun
    Russels, Ranelagh
    Wetherspoons, Dun Laoghaire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

The bar in the old Kingston hotel in Dun Laoghaire, can't think of its new name has a great beer garden over looking the seafront

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

the shaw
    the pav
    cans by the canal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

The Church, Jervis Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Alfie Byrne's is good for evening sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

snowblind wrote: »
    the shaw
    the pav
    cans by the canal

Cans by the canal is always a good one, that area outside the Barge has been ever expanding and I'd say about 50% of the people bought their drink in the pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

nosietoes wrote: »
    Alfie Byrne's is good for evening sun
    The one in the Conrad is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Cans by the canal is always a good one, that area outside the Barge has been ever expanding and I'd say about 50% of the people bought their drink in the pub
    also 50% of them are drinking in the cycling lane :mad::pac::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

The one in the Conrad is it?

Yep. Lovely sun trap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Stoops, Joe's, Blue Bar in Skerries Harbour at Sunset. One of the few spots on the east coast to see the sun set over the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Outside town

The straw hall, Strawberry beds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Out Outside the city The Hatch Bar on the Canal

Sun, water countryside

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Hazel+Hatch+Pub/@53.3178902,-6.5185702,19.96z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x74f0730aac5f1e45

All inside the county of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I thought The Hatch had permanently closed? McEvoys across the road should still be open but isn't as unusual as The Hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

L1011 wrote: »
    I thought The Hatch had permanently closed? McEvoys across the road should still be open but isn't as unusual as The Hatch.

When i said Hatch i meant Mc Evoys, incidently Mc Evoys should put themselves on the map :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

The best place after a Dublin match is the grass outside Kavanaghs Glasnevin aka the gravediggers. There is literally hundreds drinking on the green on a sunny day

Advertisement