Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He now appears offline

Options
  • 01-04-2016 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Up until a week ago, we had the one XBox in the house, with two accounts on it: my account, the parent, having active Live Gold subscription, and son's account. Everything worked fine.

Now we have two XB1s in the house. To share the Gold subscription, I have left his box set as my home XBox. Everything works fine except that now he appears offline to everyone, including me. I even checked online on the xbox.com site, and he is listed as offline.

We have added each other as friends, and his privacy settings are set to allow friends to see his status.
    He can see me online.
    His friends also see him offline, and these friends used to see when he was online.
    Even though he appears offline, he can do all online operations: playing games, hosting a party, chatting.
    We have VirginMedia (formerly UPC) router Cisco EPC3925 with UPnP enabled.

Any idea what's going on?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

JoyPad wrote: »
    Hi,

Up until a week ago, we had the one XBox in the house, with two accounts on it: my account, the parent, having active Live Gold subscription, and son's account. Everything worked fine.

Now we have two XB1s in the house. To share the Gold subscription, I have left his box set as my home XBox. Everything works fine except that now he appears offline to everyone, including me. I even checked online on the xbox.com site, and he is listed as offline.

We have added each other as friends, and his privacy settings are set to allow friends to see his status.
    He can see me online.
    His friends also see him offline, and these friends used to see when he was online.
    Even though he appears offline, he can do all online operations: playing games, hosting a party, chatting.
    We have VirginMedia (formerly UPC) router Cisco EPC3925 with UPnP enabled.

Any idea what's going on?
    Thanks.

Sounds like he's just selected "appear offline" under his profile on the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sounds like he's just selected "appear offline" under his profile on the console.

Had no idea such thing exists. Thanks.
    Looks like the agreement to stop fiddling with the settings doesn't quite work.

Advertisement