Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre to my house

Options
  • 01-04-2016 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Hi. Im not currently with Eir but looking to switch for home phone and broadband.
    I checked the roll out map and my house was due to upgrade between jan-mar 16. I rang Eir a few weeks ago and was told i would indeed receive fibre by the end of the month but current customers would recieve priority for instalation. Fair enough.
    I explained that my broadband was poor and wouldnt be signing into a contract with anyone till decent broadband is in my area. The rep then told me they could upgrade to some uncongested rural package and get a guaranteed 8mbs into my house.
    The roll out map changed about 2 weeks ago and is now saying theres no time frame for fibre even tho i was promised it by the rep. He also tried everything he could to get me to switch on the basis id have fibre within a week of it being available
    Could my lines be checked to see if this 8mb to my house is possible? If it was id he willing to move as im currently getting between 2-2.5mbs on a good day and others it could be 1-1.5mbs. Uploads are nonexistent and i need to switch to 3g to send a whatsapp video.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

.red. wrote: »
    Hi. Im not currently with Eir but looking to switch for home phone and broadband.
    I checked the roll out map and my house was due to upgrade between jan-mar 16. I rang Eir a few weeks ago and was told i would indeed receive fibre by the end of the month but current customers would recieve priority for instalation. Fair enough.
    I explained that my broadband was poor and wouldnt be signing into a contract with anyone till decent broadband is in my area. The rep then told me they could upgrade to some uncongested rural package and get a guaranteed 8mbs into my house.
    The roll out map changed about 2 weeks ago and is now saying theres no time frame for fibre even tho i was promised it by the rep. He also tried everything he could to get me to switch on the basis id have fibre within a week of it being available
    Could my lines be checked to see if this 8mb to my house is possible? If it was id he willing to move as im currently getting between 2-2.5mbs on a good day and others it could be 1-1.5mbs. Uploads are nonexistent and i need to switch to 3g to send a whatsapp video.
    Thanks.
    Hi .red.,

Thanks for getting in touch :) 

I understand your frustration with this and I can assure you this is untrue, eir customers efibre upgrades would not be prioritised above non eir customers.

The broadband speed you will receive will depend on what speed your line is holding, it will also vary depending on the number of devices connected to the wifi.

Please do PM me your details and I'll run a test on your line.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Hi .red.,

I understand your frustration with this and I can assure you this is untrue, eir customers efibre upgrades would not be prioritised above non eir customers.

The broadband speed you will receive will depend on what speed your line is holding, it will also vary depending on the number of devices connected to the wifi.

Pamela 

Pm sent.
    By current customers i think he meant people already on the waiting list would be prioritized before people just signing up which i think is fair enough. I was enquiring about signing up but wouldnt untill fibre was actually in my area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

.red. wrote: »
    Hi .red.,

Pamela 

Pm sent.
    By current customers i think he meant people already on the waiting list would be prioritized before people just signing up which i think is fair enough. I was enquiring about signing up but wouldnt untill fibre was actually in my area.
    No problem .red.,

I'm going through my PM's now. :)

Pamela 

Advertisement