Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How does pricing of other evs here compare to Portugal? I can't find rrp for Portugal online but I suspect a kona is still around the 40k mark even though they don't have incentives?

Edit: For example a leaf 40kwh is 30k there. Our incentives don't affect the real on the road price of the cars here at all imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How does pricing of other evs here compare to Portugal? I can't find rrp for Portugal online but I suspect a kona is still around the 40k mark even though they don't have incentives?

Edit: For example a leaf 40kwh is 30k there. Our incentives don't affect the real on the road price of the cars here at all imo.

I don't know about Pt but in Spain the prices are:

Kona EV Tekno 64Kwh 42.500
    Kona EV Style 64Kwh 45.300 (it is definitely more equipped than paddy spec)
    Model 3 SR+ 48.200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I was on the phone to Tesla again today and the guy said it will be near enough to 49k with the grant. The 49k is the European price then add vrt and deduct the grant amount. Just repeating what sales guy told me. If he is wrong and it's a lower price happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Whatever about who is saying what, it seems improbable that a Tesla will be priced at the same level as a Kia/Hyundai.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

The only price I can find for the Kona EV in Portugal is €43500. Not sure of spec but looks better than ours. (BTW it's called the Kauai in Portugal. Kona means something else..:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Lumen wrote: »
    Whatever about who is saying what, it seems improbable that a Tesla will be priced at the same level as a Kia/Hyundai.

True, the Tesla will probably have a more rattly interior :). I've a deposit for a model 3, but not at 49k...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

eagerv wrote: »
    The only price I can find for the Kona EV in Portugal is €43500. Not sure of spec but looks better than ours. (BTW it's called the Kauai in Portugal. Kona means something else..:D)

So 43500 for a better spec in a country with no incentives compared to our 50k before incentives for the lower spec. I'd say portugal's pricing for the model 3 will reflect our price after incentives based on that unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Deer wrote: »
    I was on the phone to Tesla again today and the guy said it will be near enough to 49k with the grant.

It's shockingly unprofessional that Tesla staff make statements about the price (to all and sundry but also to the press!!!), when it is clearly not yet communicated to them. Particularly if it turns out they got the figures completely wrong. They should have been told to say nothing about the price until it is there for all to see in the configurator

Not very wise either to demo a car that has no price yet. They should have kept it locked up until the day the configurator was up

Tesla have a lot to learn still...

rocky wrote: »
    True, the Tesla will probably have a more rattly interior :). I've a deposit for a model 3, but not at 49k...

Probable rattles aside, the SR+ apparently does 0-60mph in 5.something seconds, which is in a different league to the 7.something of the Koniro.

(0-100mph at 2:30 mark)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

So 43500 for a better spec in a country with no incentives compared to our 50k before incentives for the lower spec. I'd say portugal's pricing for the model 3 will reflect our price after incentives based on that unfortunately.

Incentives are keeping the prices artificially high

Its a disaster

Said it many times

Scrap them for unaffordable €30k+ EVs and let's see how many Model 3s Tesla can sell at 58k and Hyundai Kona's at 49k

Might as well give the 10k incentive straight to manufacturers at this stage, they are taking the piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Deer wrote: »
    I was on the phone to Tesla again today and the guy said it will be near enough to 49k with the grant. The 49k is the European price then add vrt and deduct the grant amount. Just repeating what sales guy told me. If he is wrong and it's a lower price happy days.

I presume this includes Autopilot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Lumen wrote:

Forgive me stupidity here, but was that not the goal (both stated and actual) of the model 3 -- an EV for the masses, a Tesla that would be cheaper and better than the competition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

unkel wrote: »
    It's shockingly unprofessional that Tesla staff make statements about the price (to all and sundry but also to the press!!!), when it is clearly not yet communicated to them. Particularly if it turns out they got the figures completely wrong. They should have been told to say nothing about the price until it is there for all to see in the configurator

Not very wise either to demo a car that has no price yet. They should have kept it locked up until the day the configurator was up

Tesla have a lot to learn still...

Unsurprising and no worse than the example set by their vapour-ware tweeting leader. Your constant efforts to rationalise the anticipated price downwards is amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Sabre Man wrote: »

Yes, Autopilot is standard on all models now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Mike9832 wrote: »

Its a disaster

Said it many times

Scrap them for unaffordable €30k+ EVs and let's see how many Model 3s Tesla can sell at 58k and Hyundai Kona's at 49k

Might as well give the 10k incentive straight to manufacturers at this stage, they are taking the piss

In some ways I can see your point. Generally manufacturers price all over the place, with an end price of what the market can just bear.

However I thought I read, perhaps incorrectly, that Tesla are pricing the Model 3 at the same price throughout Europe, so final pricing will depend upon local VAT, VRT etc less grants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Its a disaster

Said it many times

Governments meddling with markets is almost always a very bad idea, IMO. You always get ideologues as the driving force and you end up with unintended negative consequences. A perfect example would be Ireland having a 99% diesel vehicle population because a CO2 ideologue named Gormley thought NO and carcinogens were better than CO2. Now cities all over Europe are rushing to ban diesels altogether. Good one, Gormley. Well done.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Your constant efforts to rationalise the anticipated price downwards is amusing.

Is that aimed at me? :confused:

We don't know the price as it is not public, so we are speculating. But an educated guess based on the figures in other countries, taking into account taxation and incentive differences would suggest the price in Ireland for the SR+ incl Autopilot should be thousands lower than €49k after incentives.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Yes - it does indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

Got tired of lack of updates, plus I find the lack of an instrument cluster ugly as hell.

479098.png

_

• Advertisement

v10 wrote: »
    Got tired of lack of updates, plus I find the lack of an instrument cluster ugly as hell.

I'll be doing the same soon

That glass roof would have driven me mad anyway, hate the sun and not wearing a hat in the car

I'll be doing the same soon

That glass roof would have driven me mad anyway, hate the sun and not wearing a hat in the car

Why would you need to wear a hat in the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

So other driver know to give him a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

The glass roof is tinted, is it not?

Have pretty sensitive eyes, always wear sunglasses and hat on holiday's etc

SaintsYB wrote: »
    The glass roof is tinted, is it not?

It is, but gets a lot of complaint's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

479098.png

_
    So you're cancelling a day before the configurator opens and u don't like no instrument cluster even though it clearly never had one 🙄

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Isn't that the point of the incentives, give the money directly to manufacturers to encourage production and sales. If they capped the grant to cars available for under €25,000 the market will produce paddy spec cars that will sell for €24,995 and we'd all be here complaining that we've been excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭AidenL

goob20s wrote: »
    So you're cancelling a day before the configurator opens and u don't like no instrument cluster even though it clearly never had one 🙄

Well I’m the opposite, I’m thinking of putting down a deposit.

My wife used have a Mini, we both got very used to central instruments very quickly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

6034073Some went the other way

liamog wrote: »
    Isn't that the point of the incentives, give the money directly to manufacturers to encourage production and sales. If they capped the grant to cars available for under €25,000 the market will produce paddy spec cars that will sell for €24,995 and we'd all be here complaining that we've been excluded.

I don't know

I am probably talking crap as usual

We are getting seriously screwed at the moment, that's all I know

Kona 64/eNiro/Leaf 62 /Tesla Model 3, prices are just ridiculous imo

My yoke doesn't have long left so will get a 1 year old BMW 330e for 25k I think.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    More likely they would just ignore the Irish market.

It's quite common for mfrs to ignore the market if they don't believe the cars will sell. I've had to import from UK in the past for this reason, but servicing can be difficult and insurance more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

My yoke doesn't have long left so will get a 1 year old BMW 330e for 25k I think.

Sounds like a great plan! - but considering the cheapest 181 model (so substantially over a year old) on carzone is 34K not perhaps an entirely realistic one.

2-3 year old maybe... and a great buy at that age for that money too.

catharsis wrote: »
    Sounds like a great plan! - but considering the cheapest 181 model (so substantially over a year old) on carzone is 34K not perhaps an entirely realistic one.

2-3 year old maybe... and a great buy at that age for that money too.

Loads of them in the UK, would never buy here ,vrt is tiny on them

225xe looks good too, as is Mercedes c350e, but a little bit more expensive

goob20s wrote: »

No, I reserved 2 years ago and I cancelled about 3/4 weeks ago, the last update I got from Tesla regarding my reservation was in November 2017 so I just lost faith. Obviously I knew it had no instrument cluster and thought maybe that would grow on me but it never did.

No, I reserved 2 years ago and I cancelled about 3/4 weeks ago, the last update I got from Tesla regarding my reservation was in November 2017 so I just lost faith. Obviously I knew it had no instrument cluster and thought maybe that would grow on me but it never did.

What are you going to buy instead?

What are you going to buy instead?

Considering a used Model S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Maybe I might be alone here......

But Autopilot/THAT styling/a Tesla/5 seconds 0 to 60.

for 49 k could arguably be value for money.

Brand new out of the box.

Yes it would be nicer if it was 42 k - but if you are open to EVs - what else is there for 50 k NEW that's as interesting.

And capable of doing 5 people/shopping in the boot.

Low EV "fuel" cost too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Must say the blue looks nice.

Just saw live the very successful launch of Falcon Heavy. All 3 re-usable boosters landed back down on earth (and on a ship) to perfection. Less than half an hour after take off, the rocket is doing 37000km/h and is already well over 700km above earth. In orbit now. And payload delivered (satellite launch). Amazing stuff.

Sorry if this off topic but it was just amazing to see and I wanted to share :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    Just saw live the very successful launch of Falcon Heavy. All 3 re-usable boosters landed back down on earth (and on a ship) to perfection. Less than half an hour after take off, the rocket is doing 37000km/h and is already well over 700km above earth. In orbit now. And payload delivered (satellite launch). Amazing stuff.

Sorry if this off topic but it was just amazing to see and I wanted to share :)

Live?! Arabsat 6a was launched on April 11...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

grogi wrote: »

I was almost swearing there. I'm about 50 miles from cape Canaveral on hols, and keeping an eye on the situation with the SpaceX launch schedule and thought I'd missed something!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I was almost swearing there. I'm about 50 miles from cape Canaveral on hols, and keeping an eye on the situation with the SpaceX launch schedule and thought I'd missed something!

And to keep it on topic, as we we're leaving Kennedy Space center yesterday a very nice red Model 3 with the custom licence place "N4S4" overtook me. Was very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ecdl_2000

Model 3 Order page flashed up on Tesla UK just now. It was standard plus for 34,550GBP after UK plug in subsidy applied. With no extras selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

apologies yeah the price looks good at that.
    ecdl_2000 wrote: »
    Model 3 Order page flashed up on Tesla UK just now. It was standard plus for 34,550GBP after UK plug in subsidy applied. With no extras selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

So it really might be October / November for us then.

How hard would it be just to buy a UK one? Presume you’d miss the grant and have a bit of VRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Starting at around 45K EUR in the UK, with June deliveries. I’d imagine Ireland will br similar enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hatrack wrote: »
    So it really might be October / November for us then.

How hard would it be just to buy a UK one? Presume you’d miss the grant and have a bit of VRT.

Loose the grant.
    VRT and VAT.

Would be better to wait the month or 2 if it’s later released.

grogi wrote: »

Damn! I noticed something funny about the dates alright, but it looked like it was live when I came across it on YT by accident. I saw the original launch live alright last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Starting at around 45K EUR in the UK, with June deliveries. I’d imagine Ireland will br similar enough.

Irish price will include residual VRT - ie the Model 3 VRT pre rebate is higher than 5 k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

UK prices as follows.

Base price £42,400. Luxury Car Tax £1,600. Total £44,000.

Hire Purchase (no PCP available) is £710/month, plus luxury car tax from year 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement