Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shilling on Bargain Alerts forum - double standards by Boards.ie??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This post has been deleted.

Can't argue with either, that's the definition of shilling. However the definition you initially attributed to Dav makes no reference to the poster keeping their connection with the company/product secret. So which definition do you want to use for the purpose of your spurious argument?
    Really something and nothing, would be better if the touch site had a small indication that it's a paid for post as Timberrrrrrrr suggested. As not everyone knows who Niamh and Dav are, particularly new users. It's not shilling by any stretch of the imagination though.

I agree, it would be a lot clearer if the fact that it was a sponsored post was visible on the touch site, and maybe this will be clearer when the new site goes live. But I'll mention it in the admin forum for the office to look at anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've added [Sponsored] to the thread title.

Advertisement