Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel charging me twice for a stay?

Options
  • 01-04-2016 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Can anyone help me?

I stayed in a hostel last weekend and paid the balance of the stay via cash when I checked in, now it turns out they've charged that stay on the card I had used to book the room beforehand.

So i'm after paying twice for the same stay. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Get into contact with them, explain what happened and ask them to refund your card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭brokenhooker

I've contacted them and they've said the charge is a pending transaction and should be released to me in the coming days and the transaction will not be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I've contacted them and they've said the charge is a pending transaction and should be released to me in the coming days and the transaction will not be completed.

Whats the issue then?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,033 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I presume this is a debit card? Pre-authorisations show as a full debit and drop off after 7 days normally. This is (one reason) why credit cards are very useful for travelling.

L1011 wrote: »
    I presume this is a debit card? Pre-authorisations show as a full debit and drop off after 7 days normally. This is (one reason) why credit cards are very useful for travelling.

yeah that's what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

So wait a few days. There's no problem here.

eeguy wrote: »
    So wait a few days. There's no problem here.

i didn't knwo this when i started the thread.

Advertisement