Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parterre Seating at The Gaiety

Options
  • 01-04-2016 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all. I want to take a friend of mine to see The Matchmaker at The Gaiety. I've already seen the play in Drogheda in a lovely small theatre where the seats are all tiered. I don't mind restricted view, but my friend (who's a small lady!) hasn't seen it, so I want to do my best to get good seats.

Because I've left it late to book, the seats available are very limited, as in the back of the Parterre or the back of the Dress Circle. I wondered if the parterre is tiered? If not, am I best going up to the Dress Circle? If it was a Musical or the like, I'd be happy to go back quite far, but with just two characters on the stage I don't want to lose the atmosphere!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

the parterre isn't tiered, it is gently sloping, and then it's a raised stage, probably 4 foot high
    i think back of the dress circle would be better than the back of the parterre. the dress circle is tiered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bernie Bobcat

Thanks for the advice lukegriffen but in the end I changed the night we are attending and got seats 7 & 8 in Row C of the Parterre.

I know it's very close to the stage, but because of the type of play it is (with only two actors) I was keen to be as close as possible to see their faces, and to be honest seeing their feet wouldn't add to the whole experience anyhow, so I'm happy enough with what I got.

The seats in the Dress Circle were really very far from the stage, and I feel we would have lost out on the wonderful faces that Mary Mc Evoy and Jon Kenny perfected when playing the different characters.

Appreciate you taking the time to answer! :-)

Cheers

Advertisement