Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out who rents house?

Options
  • 01-04-2016 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi, we are having a couple of issues with a neighbour and are getting nowhere trying to resolve it with them. I am pretty sure that they are renting the house through local authority/ras scheme. Is there any way of checking if this is the case or if not finding out who the landlord is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

You can go the PTRB web site and look up by area and find all property that are registered with the PTRB private landlords only . so you can find out if it is a landlord and there details.

https://portal.prtb.ie/public_registrations.aspx

Select your area and there is an excel file of the details.

iainBB wrote: »
    You can go the PTRB web site and look up by area and find all property that are registered with the PTRB private landlords only . so you can find out if it is a landlord and there details.

https://portal.prtb.ie/public_registrations.aspx

Select your area and there is an excel file of the details.

After it opened over 250 tabs in firefox I realised that its a mhtml file which only seems to work properly on internet explorer. Expected better from a public body. (and they probably paid a consultant a fortune to sell them this!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

All in all wrote: »
    Hi, we are having a couple of issues with a neighbour and are getting nowhere trying to resolve it with them. I am pretty sure that they are renting the house through local authority/ras scheme. Is there any way of checking if this is the case or if not finding out who the landlord is?

Whether they are on RAS/local authority scheme is absolutely of no business to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭dreamerb

testicle wrote: »
    Whether they are on RAS/local authority scheme is absolutely of no business to you.

Not directly, no - but if the issues with the neighbour relate to anti-social behaviour of some sort, tracing the landlord is genuinely an issue for the OP, as s/he may need to ask the landlord to address the problem with the tenant. If the tenant is on the RAS scheme or is otherwise a local authority tenant, the OP should be raising it with the local authority. All I read into the OP's post was that s/he was trying to find out if there's an easy way to determine the person s/he should bring up the problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

dreamerb wrote: »
    Not directly, no - but if the issues with the neighbour relate to anti-social behaviour of some sort, tracing the landlord is genuinely an issue for the OP, as s/he may need to ask the landlord to address the problem with the tenant. If the tenant is on the RAS scheme or is otherwise a local authority tenant, the OP should be raising it with the local authority. All I read into the OP's post was that s/he was trying to find out if there's an easy way to determine the person s/he should bring up the problem with.

Thank you for replying before I got a chance, yes this is the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

After it opened over 250 tabs in firefox I realised that its a mhtml file which only seems to work properly on internet explorer. Expected better from a public body. (and they probably paid a consultant a fortune to sell them this!)

If you click on files under the map you can open in excel or pdf.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All in all wrote: »

Ring the PRTB. They will tell you if the tenancy is registered.
    If it is they email you a form to fill out and you email it back to them requesting the landlords contact details.

They then post you out the landlords name and postal address.
    I don't it this year for a property.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

kceire wrote: »
    Ring the PRTB. They will tell you if the tenancy is registered.
    If it is they email you a form to fill out and you email it back to them requesting the landlords contact details.

They then post you out the landlords name and postal address.
    I don't it this year for a property.

Are you sure this info is correct? I would have thought that data protection prevents the PRTB handing out contact details of registered landlords.

The land registry is a legitimate way of getting the landlord's details & shows who owns the property. However it may not give address details of the landlord doesnt live in the property. At least you'd have a name to start with though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

April 73 wrote: »
    Are you sure this info is correct? I would have thought that data protection prevents the PRTB handing out contact details of registered landlords.

The land registry is a legitimate way of getting the landlord's details & shows who owns the property. However it may not give address details of the landlord doesnt live in the property. At least you'd have a name to start with though.

100% correct. Done the process in January 2016. Took about 2 weeks in total.
    The same data protection could be said for the land registry process.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

kceire wrote: »
    100% correct. Done the process in January 2016. Took about 2 weeks in total.
    The same data protection could be said for the land registry process.

That's very interesting. I didn't know that was possible. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement