Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid corporation tax

Options
  • 01-04-2016 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hello all,
    I have a small limited company and am the sole employee
    I received a letter from Revenue stating my Corporation tax (CT1) wasn't filed for 2014 even though I thought my accountant had done it in October. There is a liability which I was not aware of and now a penalty of 10%. In the financial statements corporation tax is entered as €1 and there is no entry in tax on profits in notes to financial statements. Each year till now I've avoided CT as I pay myself any profits. I changed accountant in the new year (not related to this issue just found a more suitable one) and my new accountant has raised questions about the quality of the job done. I feel the fee I paid for the completion of accounts should be refunded.
    My new accountant has advised to pay Revenue and then look at my options.

Before I challenge my old accountant what are people's views?

Thanks
    ftc

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You already got a thorough answer on the taxation thread - no need to post the same thing again elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement