Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City Venue for Engagement Party?

• 01-04-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I am yet to propose to my other half, but I am looking for a venue for an engagement party.

Ideally the venue should be located in Dublin city center. It should have a bar and it would be nice to have full control of the music ourselves. Some food would be needed too.

I reckon there will be 50+ guests attending, close to 100 if plus ones are included.

I am completely open to all ideas. I want to keep the budget low without compromising too much.

So does anyone have any suggestions on a venue that would fit the bill?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What sort of food? Are you talking "afters" food like sausages/wings/goujons and sambos or an actual sit down meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 system_538781

Sorry I should have specified. The food would simply be finger food and/or sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

If you want control of the music, you're likely talking renting a function room and possibly providing a DJ (although you could make you own mix and maybe get the venue to play it through their system to cut that cost).

Places like Odessa have rooms that can be rented for private parties - have you looked there yet?

It would likely be lot cheaper just to reserve an area in a venue where you happen to like the music. It would be a lot cheaper and open up a lot more possible places.

Loads of pubs have function rooms, Doyles, Gingerman, Mercantile. Ring around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

Downstairs in the central bar oconnell st/abbey st.. Next to wynnes hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

The odeon could be a good option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is an engagement party not alot of bother?Just celebrate with parents

Advertisement