Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No carrier bags in Tesco Arthur's Quay, whats the story?

• 01-04-2016 3:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭

As it says in the title really. I was in last week and the week before and there were no carrier bags of any kind on the stands at the checkouts and when I asked at the checkout I was told they'd no bags. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Bring your own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Common occurrence in most Tescos.
    No baskets available and large q's at checkouts are the norm also.
    Turned me off them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Are you referring to the reusable bags or the 22c disposable plastic bags? Some aupermarkets, Dunnes and some Supervalus will now only sell the reuseable one to encourage recycling. Bad form if Tesco ran out of those too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,081 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Most people don't use them so no demand, in the last 5 years I could count on my hand the amount of times I have purchased a plastic bag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

I usually do bring my own bags but I hadn't intended to go to Tesco. When I say there were no bags I mean there were NO BAGS. No bags for life or the 22 cent carrier bags or anything. I've never heard of a supermarket with no bags. The display stands for the bags are still in front of the checkouts so it looks as if they've sold out of bags but not replaced them. I'm not in Tesco often so I don't know if it's been like that for long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Have to say Tesco have gone to the dogs with type of thing I was in clarehall and the same thing happened to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Tesco Arthur's Quay is a kip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Buy a packet of cheap bin liners and use 1 of them, usually works out cheaper anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Tesco is a supermarket run by people with zero aptitude for running a supermarket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Clareman wrote: »
    Buy a packet of cheap bin liners and use 1 of them, usually works out cheaper anyway

Saw about 3 different families in Dunnes yesterday with their roll of white bags they must buy each time they go shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

The quality of the 22c Tesco bags is ridiculous now!! It's like a glorified fruit & veg bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    The quality of the 22c Tesco bags is ridiculous now!! It's like a glorified fruit & veg bag!

True, complete muck to the standard bags shops used 10 years ago or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Was in the UK recently and bought some clothes and shoes. If I wanted a bag to bring them home in, I had to pay for it! Unlike here in good old Ireland, they had NO paper bags available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Paper bags also incur the 5p charge in the UK

Advertisement