Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home alarm system over IP ?

• 01-04-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

I am moving into a new house and looking into my options with regards to an alarm system (wired).

I want something that I can control from my phone and receive alerts from etc. I have called around a few places and they are all recommending various GSM systems that use a SIM card with different costs associated.

Are there no systems that can be setup to use the home internet connection and do all this over TCP/IP ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

Yes AFAIK, the Siemens/ Vanderbilt control panels can do that. Keep an eye on this thread, i am sure Koolkid will be along later and he will advise you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks Kub. I though you would be sufficiently qualified on this subject also.
    The Siemens /Vanderbilt Spc4320 would be our most popular panel for what you require.
    It connects to your broadband connection and gives you email notifications on any alarm events you require.
    You can control your alarm via a smart phone app or from any web browser.
    This system also has the fastest polling available. It can be set up to notify you of a connection lost to the server within a minute if you want.
    This system has no charges for apps or subscriptionsubscription charges for use.
    If you need any more information on it let me know.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thanks Kub. I though you would be sufficiently qualified on this subject also.

Ah I am more into the dinosaur systems, the original Keyswitch Homeguard, Logic 4, Meridians, Horizons, Vista 5's etc.......foil tape, pressure mats, tube & baton etc....:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And the 6/10 s and 8/12s??? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Thanks guys, a few questions if I may...

- Would any alarm installer be able to fit this?
    - Will it work with any contacts, sensors and bell etc or would it need compatible ones?
    - How much would this cost roughly?
    - Any recommendations where to buy it?

Nice one.

• Advertisement

Most good installers would be able to install this system for you.
    It would be compatible with any global sensors and bells etc.
    Shop around re price. Where are you located.

KoolKid wrote: »
    And the 6/10 s and 8/12s??? :)

A 2 year old could program those. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Based in Dublin

Plenty of choice to shop around so.

Advertisement