Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help a buddy out, firearms renewal

Options
  • 01-04-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Quick question for those in the know. A friend of mine (it's really not me) is working abroad and won't be home between now and the renewal date of his firearms cert. Can I post his form over and back to get him to sign it and then drop it into our Garda station for him? Will he be required to be there in person to sign the form?

Before I'm asked, his firearm is in safe storage while he's away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You're usually required to drop it into the station in person, but the best idea is probably to have him call his local super and explain the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Isn't there a residency requirement to fulfill too IIRC you have to be actually living here for at least 6 of every 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Isn't there a residency requirement to fulfill too IIRC you have to be actually living here for at least 6 of every 12 months.

Good point. And if that is an issue in this case, the guns would have to be legally transported and stored at an RFD....or possibly the local Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

All sorted now, after speaking to the Super he has arranged for storage with an RFD until his return.

Advertisement