Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Classico - Leinster v Munster 02/04/2016 - 1730 (TG4, SS3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Welcome back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭neelia11

Munster
    Think I wouldda gone with a backline of 15 Kirchner, 14 Kearney, 13 Ringrose, 12 McFadden, 11 Kelleher, with Nacewa benching. Then at least there's some pace on the wing and the 12 is more likely to supply the possession-starved Ringrose with ball.

I can only imagine that the selection of Murphy over JvdF is done with the intention of having the best players on the pitch in the last half hour so the chances of finishing well are increased. If that is the thinking then I think it might have been better to start Dom Ryan at 6, and have Rhys Rudduck as the first choice loosie providing impact off the bench.

With Leinster's lack of cutting edge and poor maul defence I reckon Munster have a good chance in this game

Toner, Heaslip, McGrath all back in the pack. Think Maul defence will be stepped up greatly. I dont know why some people bother posting when its just negativity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Munster
    Think I wouldda gone with a backline of 15 Kirchner, 14 Kearney, 13 Ringrose, 12 McFadden, 11 Kelleher, with Nacewa benching. Then at least there's some pace on the wing and the 12 is more likely to supply the possession-starved Ringrose with ball.

I can only imagine that the selection of Murphy over JvdF is done with the intention of having the best players on the pitch in the last half hour so the chances of finishing well are increased. If that is the thinking then I think it might have been better to start Dom Ryan at 6, and have Rhys Rudduck as the first choice loosie providing impact off the bench.

With Leinster's lack of cutting edge and poor maul defence I reckon Munster have a good chance in this game

No chance would Ferg get the nod for 12 when he's barely played there recently and we've one of our top performers this season in T'eo. (Though I do agree he could look to distribute more often)

Also think they've got the back row more or less spot on, maybe swap Murphy for JdF but I don't think it'll have a massive impact on the game...Ruddock at 6 is a lock for me - he's been in good form this season while Ryan continues to be mediocre

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Distribution at 12 is far less of a problem when you've got Sexton at 10. McFadden is no great distributor either. D'Arcy wasn't exactly great at it. When Leinster have been able to move the ball wide in recent years it's generally been when through Sexton, whether directly or when he gets his hands on the ball twice.

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hasn't stopped raining all day here.

• Advertisement

Munster
    awec wrote: »
    Hasn't stopped raining all day here.

looks like it might clear close to kick off time

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Don't forget no Luas today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Munster
    I should say that I have almost zero interest in rugby but I like voting in polls :)
    You can't always take the weather with you.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Munster
    .ak wrote: »

At this stage it'd be easier for them to tell us the days it is in operation. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

.ak wrote: »

Heads up - the Metro won't be running either. Not quite finished yet.

• Advertisement

CfDEJ6VWsAEvsY3.jpg

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Wow

Have you been hitting the sauce already?

case885 wrote: »
    Have you been hitting the sauce already?

No I didn't get to do a joke yesterday, so I thought I'd make up for it by making someone scour through that looking for a surprise...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Would a BP win put Leinster top or would Connacht stay top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Munster
    No I didn't get to do a joke yesterday, so I thought I'd make up for it by making someone scour through that looking for a surprise...

Ye bollox. It worked.

Would a BP win put Leinster top or would Connacht stay top?

Leinster would go top by 1 point. A win without a BP would put them equal on points and $team would be ahead due to the tiebreakers

EDIT: Leinster would go top due to number of matches won.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Leinster would go top by 1 point. A win without a BP would put them equal on points and $team would be ahead due to the tiebreakers

EDIT: Leinster would go top due to number of matches won.

Forgot it was 4 for a win, 5 for the BP.

Thought this was at 1715 and I'd missed the first 5 mins, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Bent is in the warm up. Question marks over Healy?

Munster
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Bent is in the warm up. Question marks over Healy?

is it not fairly normal to have a few extra guys warm up incase someone pulls up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yay Leinster. Boo Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Messy start. Good pressure from Munster stopped by a thumping hit on Cronin from Nacewa.

Buer wrote: »
    Yay Leinster. Boo Munster.

I agree!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Weather doesn't look too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Very messy at the breakdown. Munster doing a good job of disrupting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Can someone who is strong on the rules explain the difference between coming through the middle of a ruck and it being ok and coming through the middle of a ruck and being pinged for taking out the 9????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Edit no try

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Intelligent running line from zebo

Stheno wrote: »
    Try not to knock on next time, zebo

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Think sexton got a hand to it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement