Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Tractor Purchasing Advice

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Well what age is the lady, can she move her ass (has 40K box), can she jive (has she a shuttle), has she be through the ropes(many hours on the engine), what was the dowry (what did she set you back).

Best of luck with her

Best of luck, I don't think that you will go too far wrong with your choice. Throw up a pic to keep us all happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Well what age is the lady, can she move her ass (has 40K box), can she jive (has she a shuttle), has she be through the ropes(many hours on the engine), what was the dowry (what did she set you back).

Best of luck with her

She's a 1992 (a bit younger than myself but we both have the same maturity). She only has the 12x4 (3 gear sticks on the floor). I've never used a shuttle so I'm none the wiser to the benefits.

There is 5500 hours on her. The clutch was replaced 200 hrs ago. She starts easy, has a very good set of tyres, everything works and she never got any plastic surgery (original paint and all clean and intact on the inside)

My budget was €8-12k. After some disputing I managed to stay within budget (by the skin of my teeth :))
    jimmy G M wrote: »
    Best of luck, I don't think that you will go too far wrong with your choice. Throw up a pic to keep us all happy.

Thanks jimmy, she hasn't let me down so far but we'll see how it goes. I would love to post a few pics but I haven't gained the rights yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

Well done on your purchase and best of luck with it.
    A good choice no doubt, the 3 stick gearbox is bombproof. That tractor, if minded and kept housed when not in use will not depreciate much in value.

Advertisement