If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPTOMA HD141x issue?

Options
  • 01-04-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi , about 5/6 months ago, I bought the OPTOMA HD141X from yourselves.

I didn't get to use it an extensively as I wanted at the start but now I am.

Im wondering if these units are known for having a noisey fan, or have I a faulty unit? When I mean noisy, it really drones and over powers the volume of the dialogue in most movies.

I was hoping to use this for tv use and permantly do away with the wall mounted tv. But I cant.

It also defeats the purpose of running going to the bother of having a silent media center computer, when then fan in this thing can be heard all the time. I have tried all the different power/colour and eco settings but that only makes it sound more "angry" ! :)  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

stezie wrote: »
    Hi , about 5/6 months ago, I bought the OPTOMA HD141X from yourselves.

I didn't get to use it an extensively as I wanted at the start but now I am.

Im wondering if these units are known for having a noisey fan, or have I a faulty unit? When I mean noisy, it really drones and over powers the volume of the dialogue in most movies.

I was hoping to use this for tv use and permantly do away with the wall mounted tv. But I cant.

It also defeats the purpose of running going to the bother of having a silent media center computer, when then fan in this thing can be heard all the time. I have tried all the different power/colour and eco settings but that only makes it sound more "angry" ! :)  
    Stezie,

thanks a million for the post and apologies for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately PJ's do generate some fan noise and especially the more compact units as they have to dissipate the heat generated somehow and unfortunately that can result in fan noise.

...However saying that the 141 has generally been well received and perceived as a quiet unit so I'm a bit surprised at your post, we haven't had any issues with the 141 at all - if yo were unhappy with your own unit and you don't think its performing to standard you can send it back to us and we will have it checked out by the manufacturer - we also have a demo unit and we would be happy to send you that one for a refundable holding deposit so you could use it as a reference check against your own unit?

Keep us posted - never like to hear of a niggling issue so please don't hesitate to drop me a line and we will do our best to get it resolved for you.  

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Hi John,

Thank you for the quick response. A1 customer service!

I will call you shortly and arrange to get it looked at.

Stephen.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

stezie wrote: »
    Hi John,

Thank you for the quick response. A1 customer service!

I will call you shortly and arrange to get it looked at.

Stephen.
    Hey Stezie

No problem at all.

Speak soon.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.