Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porchfields walk inTrim

Options
  • 01-04-2016 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that the Porchfields walk is becoming more and more like Shelbourne Park.
    Twice in the last month my 6 year old son has been nearly run over by dogs unleashed by their owners.
    On Tuesday it was actually a greyhound, the owner literally ran off when I turned around to speak with him.
    The previous time it was 2 sheepdogs and I got nowhere with the owner who told me they were under control.
    I frequently visit a house that overlooks the field and have witnessed wildlife and sheep being disturbed.
    Perhaps owners of dogs could keep them on leads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

tosh999 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the Porchfields walk is becoming more and more like Shelbourne Park.
    Twice in the last month my 6 year old son has been nearly run over by dogs unleashed by their owners.
    On Tuesday it was actually a greyhound, the owner literally ran off when I turned around to speak with him.
    The previous time it was 2 sheepdogs and I got nowhere with the owner who told me they were under control.
    I frequently visit a house that overlooks the field and have witnessed wildlife and sheep being disturbed.
    Perhaps owners of dogs could keep them on leads.

Luckily it's a small minority, but Yes, there are some dog owners who seem to think that their dogs are totally under control whilst off the leash! I bring my dog here for a walk sometimes (always on the lead) and nearly always have dogs run at her or confront her aggressively, which makes her nervous and also aggressive back!

I've also had encounters with dogs chasing/jumping at me while I'm out running!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Should rename it the Poochfields :D

:o

I'll get my coat

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

There are signs at the entrances reminding people to have the dogs on a lead, but the majority simply ignore this. I can't understand why people don't just move to the middle of the field if they must take their dogs off the lead - once under control they are fine when out in the middle of the field and away from other people and dogs on the path.

Just as bad are those almost invisible, super-long leads... nearly went over on one of those while running in there.

Advertisement