Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to increase a direct debit

Options
  • 01-04-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi there,

My current account is with BoI and I have a regular savings account with Ulster. There is a monthly direct debit set up on from my BOI account to my savings account. I want to increase the amount of my savings DD. I looked on BOI 365 app but couldn't find an option.

How do I go about this?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi there,

My current account is with BoI and I have a regular savings account with Ulster. There is a monthly direct debit set up on from my BOI account to my savings account. I want to increase the amount of my savings DD. I looked on BOI 365 app but couldn't find an option.

How do I go about this?

Many thanks
    Hi BettyBoo2011, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

To amend the amount for your Direct Debit going to your Ulster Bank savings account, please contact Ulster Bank directly, they can update this for you. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BettyBoo2011

Thanks Sarah. Didn't realise I had to do this with the receiving party. Is there a reason I cannot amend it directly on this side? Ie is it because you have to have a mandate and therefore the amount can't change without a new mandate?

Thanks again, this is a useful service to have

Hi BettyBoo2011, 

To amend the amount for your Direct Debit going to your Ulster Bank savings account, please contact Ulster Bank directly, they can update this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Thanks Sarah. Didn't realise I had to do this with the receiving party. Is there a reason I cannot amend it directly on this side? Ie is it because you have to have a mandate and therefore the amount can't change without a new mandate?

Thanks again, this is a useful service to have

Hi BettyBoo2011, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi  BettyBoo2011,

Thank you for your post here.

The reason you’d need to contact Ulster bank is because it is them that hold the mandate instruction for the direct debit to be taken from your Bank of Ireland account.

We’re happy to hear you found this service useful & don’t forget we are on Twitter 24/7 to help with any general  queries, our handle is @talktoboi

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement