Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Custom Reg Plates

• 01-04-2016 5:38pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get these done? I'm after some vintages style ones - but much smaller. I dont want the square bike ones, I basically want the same as the normal car plates but about half the size or so. Anyone know where I can get these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

http://www.goldenpages.ie/cassidy-renauto-ltd-dublin-D1/2/

Cassidy Renauto on Dorset Street Dublin 1.

I drive past it on the way to work they do loads of reg plates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Ive used this guy twice for bikes and the plates are good https://www.donedeal.co.uk/motorbikeextras-for-sale/motorcycle-bike-number-plates/10226369

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

http://www.radiatorservice.ie/

Unreal selection of plates, fast and pretty cheap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Zascar wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get these done? I'm after some vintages style ones - but much smaller. I dont want the square bike ones, I basically want the same as the normal car plates but about half the size or so. Anyone know where I can get these?

Didn't know you could link smiley faces, apparently you can!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

mamax wrote: »

+1 for this guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

dusty207 wrote: »
    http://www.radiatorservice.ie/

Unreal selection of plates, fast and pretty cheap too.

This lad isn't bad, I train Judo with him but I've gotten cheaper from Halfords (if they say anything about legal sizes, well the plate is for your garage wall!!).

The donedeal guy seems really cheap, very cheap. I'd give him a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

mamax wrote: »

I also got my plate from this dude. Great quality. Got a nice yamaha logo and fazer on the plate too

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks for the tips lads. It's to put on my bedroom door I promise! :) I even got a pm from someone reminding me of the rules and saying I should know better lol.

Hahaha..... did you just laugh and tell them where to go? :rolleyes:

In saying that, i was pulled over a while back just outside Naas by a traffic garda. He was insisting my plate was too small. Which it isnt. Took him 15 minutes on the phone to verify the legal size and tell me to head off.

If the garda dont know the legal size then sure why should you.... haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks for the tips lads. It's to put on my bedroom door I promise! :) I even got a pm from someone reminding me of the rules and saying I should know better lol.

382180.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hahaha brilliant! :D

The plate on my blade is legal. People tell me to put a tidy tail on it and a smaller plate but a) I can't be arsed and B) I don't want to give the rozzers an excuse to pull me over. Saying that I know loads of people who have small plates and have never been questioned.

Hahaha brilliant! :D

The plate on my blade is legal. People tell me to put a tidy tail on it and a smaller plate but a) I can't be arsed and B) I don't want to give the rozzers an excuse to pull me over. Saying that I know loads of people who have small plates and have never been questioned.

I have a tail tidy on my bike and im taking it off. Putting the massive stock plate holder back on.

Sick off much flinging up and covering the lock on the back box. Damn thing was jammed up with mud the other day. Took ages with wd40 and a pin to clean it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,362 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Half the width and height of a car plate is perfectly legal on a bike, whether the long rectangular or the 'square' style plate.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement