Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 1st April 2016

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

djPSB wrote: »
    As an entrepreneur he's done remarkably well. His online fitness/mindset courses cost €70/80 quid a pop and he has a couple of hundred signed up to each one. He's now doing mindset seminars at something like €150/a day with over a hundred people attending. He's launched two books with another on the way. He's raised €250,000 for Irish charities. So as a business man, his story is somewhat interesting if you leave all the sob story mush out of it.

Yeah, he's made money. But what is he actually selling? He has no real qualifications or life experiences. He prays on people who aren't quite as smart as he is and don't see through his BS. I get the feeling a lot of money he has made comes from other people's doll money. The only skill shown in his 2 books so far is the ability to google and copy/paste. He's good at building up a following on social media and selling people nothing, thats about it. He's a chancer and a cheat.

Also, he keeps up spouting this mantra of "I am enough." "I say it myself everyday," he says, but then turns around and sells people these "goal setting," "mindset" workshops and seminars, claiming he can help them realising their full potential and change their life. It is contradictory to claim that you "are enough" then sell (aka repackage someone else's work) self-improvement nonsense.

If he ran a successful gym and got out of bed to train people every morning that would be one thing. His gym closed a couple of years ago. He's not interested in working hard and building a worth while business. He's interested in making money and the idea of being famous and doesn't really care how he gets it. He said so much him self when he was training models.

I don't believe for a second that he cried all the way home on the bus from Dublin--that aspect of the story seems to have been added at some point from when he started telling that story a year or so ago. If he was drinking Champagne with models up in Dublin, he might have thought to spare the tip on one of those bottles so he could afford the bus home the next day. He uses social media to sell a successful image of himself as someone who can change your life, but he admitted on the late late show that that was what he was trying to do in Dublin and it didn't work.

But the thick country bumpkins down in Galway bought it hook line and sinker. His parents must be damn proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

If his story is supposed to be inspirational I might as well try and get on the late late. Sure I went to college, was in debt, had to get financial assistance from the college to get me through...had to work a ****ty job in final year...got honours degree and now successful in a multi national.

Where can I sign up for your seminar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I never doubted his achievments were great, he is a credit for Irish entrepreneurship.
    but he spent the majority of the interview gushing out this woe is me very exaggerated pity story about feeling a failure after a few weeks of not being a Personal Trainer. Then having to get a job in retail for the time being and feeling like a complete failure/loser in life because he didnt become this overnight success in the Personal Trainer sector a few months after doing a course!

Surely someone of his family/friends could sit him down and tell him, at 22 years of age this mindset was immature and frankly pathetic and to snap out of it! He talked about being embarrased to be seen in Galway with his hood over his head, crying for three hours on a bus home and walking down the beach crying EVERY DAY!

This story was either a nauseating exaggerated infomercial which isnt something you want to be listening to on a Friday night when the majority of viewers didnt know him from Adam or else the tale of a very naively immature young man which doesnt fit with the narrative of what he has achieved since!

And then we listened to applause from the audience when he shared with us that he is taking his family for a bloody holiday in Italy!! Who even cares!!

I even would have preferred to hear more about how he conducts his businesses, his charity endeavours, his seminars anything but that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7p892gydacnrm4

I never doubted his achievments were great, he is a credit for Irish entrepreneurship.
    but he spent the majority of the interview gushing out this woe is me very exaggerated pity story about feeling a failure after a few weeks of not being a Personal Trainer. Then having to get a job in retail for the time being and feeling like a complete failure/loser in life because he didnt become this overnight success in the Personal Trainer sector a few months after doing a course!

Surely someone of his family/friends could sit him down and tell him, at 22 years of age this mindset was immature and frankly pathetic and to snap out of it! He talked about being embarrased to be seen in Galway with his hood over his head, crying for three hours on a bus home and walking down the beach crying EVERY DAY!

This story was either a nauseating exaggerated infomercial which isnt something you want to be listening to on a Friday night when the majority of viewers didnt know him from Adam or else the tale of a very naively immature young man which doesnt fit with the narrative of what he has achieved since!

And then we listened to applause from the audience when he shared with us that he is taking his family for a bloody holiday in Italy!! Who even cares!!

I even would have preferred to hear more about how he conducts his businesses, his charity endeavours, his seminars anything but that!

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is a credit to Irish Entrepeneurs.I would leave accolades like that to people like Michael Oleary etc.People who produce tangible goods /services .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ha. I was being a tad sarcastic just to please those who think our issue with the interview was belittling his achievements!

• Advertisement
Advertisement