Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 1st April 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    There was a sketch on Republic of Telly a few years ago where the punchline was ... ah no, we've only got John Creedon tonight

At this point, I would actually prefer Ryan to interview John...no, really!

One of my favourite radio shows to listen to...go with the flow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

now that I think about it, freebies to the audience are a rare thing onLLS anymore

Yeah, i see there were none tonite, looks like they got fleeced :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

To be honest, I rarely listen but when I do I always think "Why don't I listen more often?"

Must make the effort, he's a rare talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Depends on what night it is, when he's giving freebies away ;)

I'm already jealous of Brian Connor. In 10 years time, tickets to the Toy Show? He'll fecking rake it in that night.

Jealous of a 5 day old is a bit of a low even for me. :p

P Flynn, everything that disgusts me.

I vaguely remember him on the LLS with Gaybo, was hilarious!
    & then Beverley was just as bad as him & her scandal exposed by another Bird, Charlie Bird :P

Also, I used to love Terence/John Creedon on G Ryan's show.

We're all God's Children !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

darlett wrote: »
    If that didn't happen we'd never have won that World Cup. That time.

<Drinks, Deeply> ;)

There was a big shake up of the FAI after it, the setup became so much better.

Now the big change needed is for the CEO of the FAI to be earning the same or less than the winners of League Of Ireland for the league to have some credibility and not appear as some pure and utter mickey mouse movement for allowing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Winner from Buncrana, love it, in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Buncrana, fair play.

Till tomorrow night, folks.

Nos da!

• Advertisement

Also, I used to love Terence/John Creedon on G Ryan's show.

We're all God's Children !

Oh yeah, i remember Terence the hairdresser, is that right?
    how long ago was that, as we had relations in Glasgow told us they listened to him as well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Why has every interview tonight either a pointed discussion on illness but then the apparently lighter discussions like Gorman still get a brief mention on his illness. It's gone hell for leather in search of illnesses tonight. Depressing.

Winner from Buncrana, love it, in a good way.

Indeed, they are very welcome to it. There's the cynic in me that wonders was it only a fix that took the prize from Cork this week. And that same cynic sort of hopes there was! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There was a big shake up of the FAI after it, the setup became so much better.

Now the big change needed is for the CEO of the FAI to be earning the same or less than the winners of League Of Ireland for the league to have some credibility and not appear as some pure and utter mickey mouse movement for allowing it.

Oh absolutely. I despise Delaney and his cronies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Yeah, i see there were none tonite, looks like they got fleeced :P

Ah 'ewe' re' not serious. :D

Oh yeah, i remember Terence the hairdresser, is that right?
    how long ago was that, as we had relations in Glasgow told us they listened to him as well :P

:)

He got to number 2 in the charts in 1989. On Mammy Records :)

Should have been number 1!!

Title: QUE SERA SERA
    Artist: TERENCE (PEOPLE IN NEED CHARITY)
    Label: MAMMY
    Date of entry: 04.05.1989
    Highest Placement: 2
    Weeks in the Charts: 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I vaguely remember him on the LLS with Gaybo, was hilarious!
    & then Beverley was just as bad as him & her scandal exposed by another Bird, Charlie Bird :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Nice of Ryan to tell yer man to male a donation.

Sound Ryan. How big was your donation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Great to see someone in buncranna win.. and quick reactions by tubs and the floor manager to change the music... o/t anyone know of any where to donate to help out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Nice of Ryan to tell yer man to male a donation.

Sound Ryan. How big was your donation?

It was a D'Arcy style of move alright. What he might have said is that the LLS might make a donation to it.... if this wasn't allowed he could pay for it himself, he's hardly strapped for cash.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

That was the worst show in a long long time. No one of any note, no one from abroad. All irish nobodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Some people had it in bad for poor Pat and his thriving business!
    He raised over 160,000e last year for Cystic Fibrosis. Begrudgery alive and well!

That was the worst show in a long long time. No one of any note, no one from abroad. All irish nobodies.

I liked it. A lack of celebrities is not a problem. I can find them anywhere. And at least with no one from abroad we didn't have to hear them telling us aren't we great lads. Though it's nice to hear of course...

I didn't know the young man who turned his life around after faking it and not making it, the pilot who helped the baby getting born, the young ones with their new working lungs(but it was nice to meet them, maybe next time we'll have the satisfaction of prior recognition), and it was nice to see Tommy. Easily pleased, thats's me so.

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Some people had it in bad for poor Pat and his thriving business!
    He raised over 160,000e last year for Cystic Fibrosis. Begrudgery alive and well!

Feck all to do with begrudgery

Nobody knows who he is, and he rambles on and on about how tough it was to make it.

That's not interesting or entertaining.

Poor Pat was fed with the silver spoon. And his money is loud money. How many times do I see things of his being shared saying he's going to the states to give a talk as if he's some guru that he's being drafted in from abroad to impart his knowledge.

He got in on facebook and their algorithm before they changed it so he went viral because he shared stupid motivational pictures and the middle aged sheep who have no intention of getting off their arses.

He spoke in a mellow voice as if he was on some emotional journey of recovery. He left college and didn't become a millionaire right away and we were supposed to feel sorry for him with his posh parents looking on in the crowd.

Then Ryan set him up for a nice boast..."So what about your parents...are you doing anything for them?"...."Yeah I'm paying for their holiday".

He has no charisma and opened a gym. Pointless having him on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Feck all to do with begrudgery

Nobody knows who he is, and he rambles on and on about how tough it was to make it.

That's not interesting or entertaining.

I agree it wasn't that interesting... Though I did see some posts fuelled by the green eyed monster ! :pac:

Poor Pat was fed with the silver spoon. And his money is loud money. How many times do I see things of his being shared saying he's going to the states to give a talk as if he's some guru that he's being drafted in from abroad to impart his knowledge.

He got in on facebook and their algorithm before they changed it so he went viral because he shared stupid motivational pictures and the middle aged sheep who have no intention of getting off their arses.

He spoke in a mellow voice as if he was on some emotional journey of recovery. He left college and didn't become a millionaire right away and we were supposed to feel sorry for him with his posh parents looking on in the crowd.

Then Ryan set him up for a nice boast..."So what about your parents...are you doing anything for them?"...."Yeah I'm paying for their holiday".

You don't seem to like him.

Entrepreneur uses social media to generate interest, clients and money. What a prick.

Sure anyone can do that!

And as for his voice. And his parents...how posh, sitting in the audience like that.

Entrepreneur uses social media to generate interest, clients and money. What a prick.

Sure anyone can do that!

And as for his voice. And his parents...how posh, sitting in the audience like that.

He is entitled to give out about someone who has achieved nothing really notable and is essentially a nobody.

It's fair game to question a person's "achievements" that are being paraded on a publically paraded broadcast.

Sure anyone can do that!

Actually anyone can't do this anymore. They could but not anymore.

And I don't see what's so special about him and his story anyways. He opened a gym and has clients. Wow.

I actually listened in to a "live q&a" on facebook of pats a few months ago. People were asking him questions and all he kept saying was everyone is different and it all depends".

• Advertisement

Actually anyone can't do this anymore. They could but not anymore.

He's like Mark Zuckerberg except without the celebrity status that would make him notable. People who do nothing and achieve nothing, yet people hold the superstition that they have because they got in on some scheme, shook hands with the right people and made it so noone else could steal their power.

He's like Mark Zuckerberg except without the celebrity status that would make him notable. People who do nothing and achieve nothing, yet people hold the superstition that they have because they got in on some scheme, shook hands with the right people and made it so noone else could steal their power.

Someone knows Pat personally.

He is entitled to give out about someone who has achieved nothing really notable and is essentially a nobody.

It's fair game to question a person's "achievements" that are being paraded on a publically paraded broadcast.

He's entitled to question why he's on the LLS.

A lot of the rest of it was unwarranted. Posh parents?

He is... is essentially a nobody.

Define a nobody? Is it a celebrity thing? The pilot who shined a light was also a no body but a good story. The LLS is supposed to be different to other more glitzy shows, by including 'normal' people and stories. GN is great but he's not going to have someone on who isn't an actor/singer/writer etc. Would you agree with that? Is there a difference for you between normal people and nobodies? After a low start where he was in debt and struggling for employment-he is at least nationally successful. Inspirational for those in debt and struggling for employment, perhaps. Would you agree with that? Are you still a nobody if you are not internationally successful?

Define a nobody? Is it a celebrity thing? The pilot who shined a light was also a no body but a good story. The LLS is supposed to be above other more glitzy shows, including 'normal' people. Would you agree with that? Is there a difference for you between normal people and nobodies? After a low start where he was in debt and struggling for employment-he is at least nationally successful. Inspirational for those in debt and struggling for employment, perhaps. Would you agree with that? Are you still a nobody if you are not internationally successful?

Give me a glitzy celebrity any day, at least they're open about their business and having achieved nothing notable. People like them for some reason. Less respectable media sources should have them first though, if it's someone RTE are trying to turn into one then it's dodgy.

I actually was leaning positive to his story at first but then he ended up just reinforcing the idea that being mildly successful in business by soon after 24 was the entire point of life.

It's a bit like having someone who was doing a bit badly in school and then later got all As in their leaving cert on for an interview.

Define a nobody? Is it a celebrity thing? The pilot who shined a light was also a no body but a good story. The LLS is supposed to be different to other more glitzy shows, by including 'normal' people and stories. GN is great but he's not going to have someone on who isn't an actor/singer/writer etc. Would you agree with that? Is there a difference for you between normal people and nobodies? After a low start where he was in debt and struggling for employment-he is at least nationally successful. Inspirational for those in debt and struggling for employment, perhaps. Would you agree with that? Are you still a nobody if you are not internationally successful?

What was great about Pats story?

Seemed pretty much like every other person who has set up their own business ever.

He wasn't in debt. He had a bank at home.

If his story is supposed to be inspirational I might as well try and get on the late late. Sure I went to college, was in debt, had to get financial assistance from the college to get me through...had to work a ****ty job in final year...got honours degree and now successful in a multi national.

It's as common a story as going for a dump in the morning.

The thing with Pat was that he offered little charisma and his story, while it had a "fair play to him" aspect (in part) was not anything but a story of an entrepreneurs journey, There are so many entrepreneurs out there, many have faced tough times over the last decade but others who are far more charismatic, successful and interesting than this guy.
    I am going to have a few musings over his youtube material, although that interview in no way was supremely motivating in itself as a few have suggested.
    He didn't smile once, had no anecdotes, his business is not exactly something that is original and awe inspiring.
    His story is very woe is me, especially his mindset that he was a failure in his life at 24 after coming out of a personal trainer course and not being some affluent success straight away.

Yes he has done well for himself, but nothing that would grasp someones attention listening to him. I have little information about him and I can only go by this interview which is how an interview can be judged. Perhaps he is super successful but he didn't convey much apart from the fact that he has been successful in the fitness world up until now. It just wasn't interesting and definitely not inspiring.

People aren't judging the guy or begrudging his success by questioning what he brought to the table tonight.

I hope the guy does continue succeeding and I mean that but he has got to lose the attitude that he is a failure if things get tough in the future. If he felt he was a failure at 24 and having to get a loan off his parents imagiine his opinion of himself if his business ventures tgo awry in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

The LLS has gone to the dogs, it really is a **** watch.. give me Gaybo and Billy Connolly any day.. ffs Tubridy can be extremely funny when he wants to be - unleash him RTE. No more of this tear jerking ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Oops69 wrote: »
    delighted for this woman and her operation and all that but hopefully the new DG Of RTE will cop on and put this kind of topic on in a more appropriate slot for fecks sake .
    Muahahaha wrote: »

RTE should compile all their misery slots into one show and then broadcast it 6am-9am Sunday mornings, presented by the Queen of Empathy and future President Miriam O'Callaghan

How is some one having a translplant that saves their lives a misery slot? It's a good news story! And no harm organ donation being discussed on a prime slot time might get more people to donate.

idunno78 wrote: »
    How is some one having a translplant that saves their lives a misery slot? It's a good news story! And no harm organ donation being discussed on a prime slot time might get more people to donate.

Well said. In fact this segment was worthy of a longer discussion.

• Advertisement

IIve just watched Pats Ted Talk. The latter part of it was a well constructed entrepreneurial story but the first part was absolutely cringeworthy.
    Main Points.
    Guy does a personal training course.
    Guy, at 23, moves to Dublin to get a job as a personal trainer.

Guy has ambitions to be a PT all his life and eventually stand on a stage in Galway University and tell everyone. Guy felt this was his time to shine and Guy thinks about how proud everyone in Galway would be if he "made it in the big schmoke"

Guy, at 23, doesnt immediately get a job in the industry he has done his course in, midst a recession.

Guy, now 24, IS FORCED, to get a job in retail for the time being
    to pay the bills. Guy was embarrased to tell his parents this because he considered this as "struggling"

Guy, at 24, gets a phone call from his da asking him when hes home. Guy, at 24, breaks down on the phone telling his father he cant afford 12 euro to get bus home.

Guy, at 24, takes bus home, crying all the way home as he was "the biggezt failure, the biggest loser". Guy is ashamed to be seen on a bus at 24 coming home on Xmas eve and puts his hood up.

Guy gets a job in Galway but not as a PT. He speaks about how he used to walk down the beach every day crying because he still hadnt got a job as a PT.

Now the next part of the Talk was interesting and showed he took the bull by the horns and made a real success of himself as a PT by taking initiative and working hard.

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and come to the conclusion that he feels there are naive young people coming out of college who feel sorry for themselves and cry and feel like a failure and a loser if they dont get a great job of thrir liking straight away in a few short months. And that he is telling them to not have such a naive and bad attitude.
    I cant fathom why anyone would have such a mindset. As an entrepreneur in the fitness industry he has a worthy story to tell but only the latter part of the interview.

It wasnt an interesting "back from the brink" "rags to riches" story. It was merely a story about a guy who had ambitions and fulfilled same, and surpassed those ambitions and is now very much a success.

The first part of the interview was frankly cringeworthy, not motivating in the slightest and tbh cliche and Id envisage extremely exaggerated. Really, crying because you didnt get a job of your choosen straight away in the midst of a recession AT TWENTY bloody FOUR.

I would urge anyonyone to listen to some of his material though as he is someone who has gone about things well.

But the first part of his story, which was the main part last night and took up the vast majority of the interview. Meh. Didnt have me on the edge of my seat at all..

IIve just watched Pats Ted Talk. The latter part of it was a well constructed entrepreneurial story but the first part was absolutely cringeworthy.
    Main Points.
    Guy does a personal training course.
    Guy, at 23, moves to Dublin to get a job as a personal trainer.

Guy has ambitions to be a PT all his life and eventually stand on a stage in Galway University and tell everyone. Guy felt this was his time to shine and Guy thinks about how proud everyone in Galway would be if he "made it in the big schmoke"

Guy, at 23, doesnt immediately get a job in the industry he has done his course in, midst a recession.

Guy, now 24, IS FORCED, to get a job in retail for the time being
    to pay the bills. Guy was embarrased to tell his parents this because he considered this as "struggling"

Guy, at 24, gets a phone call from his da asking him when hes home. Guy, at 24, breaks down on the phone telling his father he cant afford 12 euro to get bus home.

Guy, at 24, takes bus home, crying all the way home as he was "the biggezt failure, the biggest loser". Guy is ashamed to be seen on a bus at 24 coming home on Xmas eve and puts his hood up.

Guy gets a job in Galway but not as a PT. He speaks about how he used to walk down the beach every day crying because he still hadnt got a job as a PT.

Now the next part of the Talk was interesting and showed he took the bull by the horns and made a real success of himself as a PT by taking initiative and working hard.

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and come to the conclusion that he feels there are naive young people coming out of college who feel sorry for themselves and cry and feel like a failure and a loser if they dont get a great job of thrir liking straight away in a few short months. And that he is telling them to not have such a naive and bad attitude.
    I cant fathom why anyone would have such a mindset. As an entrepreneur in the fitness industry he has a worthy story to tell but only the latter part of the interview.

It wasnt an interesting "back from the brink" "rags to riches" story. It was merely a story about a guy who had ambitions and fulfilled same, and surpassed those ambitions and is now very much a success.

The first part of the interview was frankly cringeworthy, not motivating in the slightest and tbh cliche and Id envisage extremely exaggerated. Really, crying because you didnt get a job of your choosen straight away in the midst of a recession AT TWENTY bloody FOUR.

I would urge anyonyone to listen to some of his material though as he is someone who has gone about things well.

But the first part of his story, which was the main part last night and took up the vast majority of the interview. Meh. Didnt have me on the edge of my seat at all..

Poor guy, 12 euro in debt.

Try being several thousand in debt just to pay your way through college.

Detached from most people in the country sitting in his ivory tower.

I have a friend who comes from a middle to working class family who done a science degree, worked for a year and then decided she wanted to go back and be the doctor that she always wanted to be. She qualified last year and is now in 90,000 debt and is starting on just barely over 30,000 a year a year, has huge debts, has to live at home (she is 29 at the moment) and works 36 hour shifts at times.
    Ive never seen her cry on the bus or put her hoody up , surprisingly.

I had a mate who left school before his LC, worked with his father in a family furniture business, eventually took over the business which went downhill during the recession and he was forced to start all over again, working for someone else but eventually he succeeded in getting a business off the ground and now has two businesseson the go.
    I actually never seen him walking down a beach, crying.

I got 500 points in my leaving, had ambitions for myself of course when I started in University, developed a neurological illness, was forced to leave the course. Worked in retail for a year and a half and went back and done a course, having to pay fees.
    Worked in the same bog standard job Part Time to fund both the fees and a small standard of living. Illness returned worse than ever and my degree took up more time than I hoped. All my mates, by this time were out working, able to fund rent, holidays, a car, out every weekend etc.
    I eventually got my degree, and started professional exams in the industry I hope I will build a carreer in. I am 3/4 way through, doing an internship at present, still earning just about enough for the odd night out but I havent been on a foreign holiday in 3 years, don't have a car at present. A lot of my friends have mortgages, some are married/going to be married and as I said some have businesses.
    I am almost 30 but I far from feel I am a loser, a failure and I certainly amn't afraid to ask my parents for a few quid the odd time or cry on a bus or train home when I cant afford to go on a night out.

His attitude back then was unfathomable to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Pat's failure story is a marketing tool. He's very smart. If that's his definition of failure, half the country could be branded failures.

However, he's using it all to market his business and fair play to him it's working. It's all about selling a product.

djPSB wrote: »
    Pat's failure story is a marketing tool. He's very smart. If that's his definition of failure, half the country could be branded failures.

However, he's using it all to market his business and fair play to him it's working. It's all about selling a product.

I guess so but was it worthy of Ireland's flagship show? Someone booked him in, he didn't just turn up!
    Its a great marketing tool but very exaggerated story in my sceptical opinion and was essentially just the sort of infomercial you see at 5am on a satellite channel!!

This is the point people on the thread are making and are being accused of being begrudgers for this POV.

Anyway he has got us talking and no doubt he has raised his profile so more fools us!!!

egg-on-face-egg.jpg

I guess so but was it worthy of Ireland's flagship show? Someone booked him in, he didn't just turn up!
    Its a great marketing tool but very exaggerated story in my sceptical opinion and was essentially just the sort of infomercial you see at 5am on a satellite channel!!

This is the point people on the thread are making and are being accused of being begrudgers for this POV.

Anyway he has got us talking and no doubt he has raised his profile so more fools us!!!

egg-on-face-egg.jpg

I was well aware of him already with numerous friends sharing his "Live your life, you only have one..when you're grey and old you'd wish you would have lived more" type ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

egg-on-face-egg.jpg

There were probably a few points missed in the interview. There was too much emphasis on the sob story.

As an entrepreneur he's done remarkably well. His online fitness/mindset courses cost €70/80 quid a pop and he has a couple of hundred signed up to each one. He's now doing mindset seminars at something like €150/a day with over a hundred people attending. He's launched two books with another on the way. He's raised €250,000 for Irish charities. So as a business man, his story is somewhat interesting if you leave all the sob story mush out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Pat Divilly came to my college a few weeks ago to give a talk and I can 100% honestly say he was excellent. He came across as very relatable, charismatic and funny. He did make the point of telling us that he was incessantly nervous at giving speeches and it was still something he is trying to get his head around. He covered a lot more that was in his interview yesterday and he was genuinely very engaging when he chatted to us. It's a pity to see some negative comments because having heard him speak in person, he is very interesting and there is a bit more to his story than what was covered.

But of course given the tight schedule the LLS runs on it would be impossible to dedicate an hour to the interview (which was the length of time Pat spent talking to us). When he was giving the talk to us he was very motivational and a few points he mentioned about fitness really hit home for me and inspired me, as cheesy as that might sound.

It's a pity to see some negative comments, reminds me of some of the comments SoSueMe sometimes gets.

I'd just like to add that I know a lot of people on here would think "so he failed a business venture and had to borrow €12 for the bus home, why was he so upset about that?" Believe me, as a student myself, I'd be the exact same. If I went out all ambitious after graduating from my course and tried to start something up and it failed, I'd frankly devastated. And if I didn't have the bus fare home, I'd be terribly embarrassed. It seemed like he convinced everyone around him and his parents that his initial plan would get off the ground and to end up working in a fast food restaurant or a clothes shop (whichever it was) would obviously have been a big comedown and he probably felt like he'd let everyone down and they'd think he was 'just bigging himself up'.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents!

But he didnt fail a business venture initially, he just never started up as quickly as he thought he was going to. He envisaged he'd just get on the bus to Dublin and within a few months be running this highly successful venture. Its difficult to believe a bguy like this who has such a great entrepreneurial mindset at the moment could be so naive only a short few years ago. I just found the sob story so cliche riddled and frankly hard to swallow.

Being embarrased, ashamed and feeling like a failure and a loser for not being a flying success a few months after graduating as a fitness trainer is a tad ridiculous, naive and immature, don't you think. He done well to get a job so quickly after moving to Dublin and to live somewhat independently away from home. Its not as if working in retail is such a low drop from working in a gym.

I've given the guy great credit for what he achieved but the "rags to riches" sob story was a little pathetic! But as someone alluded to, a lot of people fall for such cliche ridden anecdotes so he has achieved his goal by getting on national tv and selling himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7p892gydacnrm4

But he didnt fail a business venture initially, he just never started up as quickly as he thought he was going to. He envisaged he'd just get on the bus to Dublin and within a few months be running this highly successful venture. Its difficult to believe a bguy like this who has such a great entrepreneurial mindset at the moment could be so naive only a short few years ago. I just found the sob story so cliche riddled and frankly hard to swallow.

Being embarrased, ashamed and feeling like a failure and a loser for not being a flying success a few months after graduating as a fitness trainer is a tad ridiculous, naive and immature, don't you think. He done well to get a job so quickly after moving to Dublin and to live somewhat independently away from home. Its not as if working in retail is such a low drop from working in a gym.

I've given the guy great credit for what he achieved but the "rags to riches" sob story was a little pathetic! But as someone alluded to, a lot of people fall for such cliche ridden anecdotes so he has achieved his goal by getting on national tv and selling himself.

The show failed to mention gym closed

Advertisement