Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MLB 2016 Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

2 of the Indian's top 3 prospects going to NY. After the haul they got from the Cubs and now this, the Yankees could be building something here. And they'll have a lot of dead wood gone in the next year or two too.

Yeah it makes sense for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ahhhh I'm annoyed.. Whatever about letting Chapman go but now Miller

That's the white flag to this season so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ahhhh I'm annoyed.. Whatever about letting Chapman go but now Miller

That's the white flag to this season so

You must really be annoyed if you posted it 5 times.....ha ha..!!

Might not be the end of it either. Beltran, Pineda, Nova could be next. But I'd be delighted if I was a Yankees fan. Even the WC was a long shot and look at what they've got. I know Yankees fans aren't used to the team being sellers but it makes total sense in this case.

I think this season is a long shot for the Mets too and I'd actually be happy with them staying put and not trading any of the pieces I've heard mentioned in the Lucroy/Bruce rumours. The farm is kind of bare theses day so I think it would be crazy to trade the couple of decent pieces they have just to improve their chances of making it to the WC game.

I'm using the app in a bad area with little reception so sorry for that..

I'll give Cashman the benefit of the doubt for now

Lucroy has vetoed the trade to the Indians. Cancel the parade in Cleveland in early November (for now anyway)!

• Advertisement

More dealings for the Yankees

They receive P Tyler Clippard from the D Backs for P prospect Vincente Campos

More dealings for the Yankees

They receive P Tyler Clippard from the D Backs for P prospect Vincente Campos

Tyler Clippard. Another pitcher who takes forever to throw the damn ball. He was effective for the most part during this stint with the Mets last season but it is just so frustrating waiting for him to pitch. Innings take forever. Him and Storen. The 2 pitchers that annoy me the most. Just throw the damn ball...!!!

Bruce Bochey at it again.

Pinch hits Bumgarnder for Cain (hits double). The pinch runs Smardzjia for Bumgarner. Who else uses their pitchers like that?

I thought this stat was interesting.

The number of times on Sunday Night Baseball since the Mariners were last on:

Yankees - 62
    Red Sox - 57
    Cardinals - 54
    Dodgers - 47
    Mets - 40
    Braves - 38

June 6 2004 was the last time Seattle were on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

2 of the Indian's top 3 prospects going to NY. After the haul they got from the Cubs and now this, the Yankees could be building something here. And they'll have a lot of dead wood gone in the next year or two too.
    Yep, Cashman is playing a stormer this trade deadline in getting what they have for relievers they bought low on. That and they will probably resign in the Chapman in this offseason anyway. Now it helps when the relievers are elite and you are dealing with clubs who have been starved of a championship for so long they are willing to start gutting their farms for a chance at it. I don't think Cashman is finished yet either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I thought this stat was interesting.

The number of times on Sunday Night Baseball since the Mariners were last on:

Yankees - 62
    Red Sox - 57
    Cardinals - 54
    Dodgers - 47
    Mets - 40
    Braves - 38

June 6 2004 was the last time Seattle were on.

And the Cubs have basically said they don't care about the game by bringing out Matusz for his first start since 2012 (4-0 Mariners top 2nd).

And the Cubs have basically said they don't care about the game by bringing out Matusz for his first start since 2012 (4-0 Mariners top 2nd).

Sigh. 6-0 Mariners end of 4, 6-6 at the end of 9. Suddenly the Cubs bullpen is getting a workout that Joe Maddon probably doesn't appreciate.

Sigh. 6-0 Mariners end of 4, 6-6 at the end of 9. Suddenly the Cubs bullpen is getting a workout that Joe Maddon probably doesn't appreciate.

And John Lester with the walk off bunt. Very strange ending to that game.

Mets aquire OF Jay Bruce from the Reds

Mets sending them No 5 prospect OF Brandon Nimmo and 2 low level prospects

The A's send SP Rich Hill and OF Josh Reddick to the Dodgers for a handful of prospects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Mets aquire OF Jay Bruce from the Reds

On hold at the moment apparently, not sure why.

The Twins Abad, a relief pitcher, to the Red Sox. Pity, was hoping the Jays would nab him. The Jays still hoping to acquire Santana from the Twins though, now Hill is off to LA.

mod9maple wrote: »
    On hold at the moment apparently, not sure why.

There's an issue with the physical on one of the scrubs going to the Reds. Not Nimmo though. So they must be looking at taking someone else instead.

Rangers get OF Carlos Beltran from the Yankees

Yankees receive P Dillion Tate and 2 other prospects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The Twins Abad, a relief pitcher, to the Red Sox. Pity, was hoping the Jays would nab him. The Jays still hoping to acquire Santana from the Twins though, now Hill is off to LA.

Bit of a strange one seeing as Boston were already needing to free up a roster spot for Kimbrel coming off the DL. Joe Kelly might go down which is a little harsh but not sure who else will drop now for Abad?

Rangers get OF Carlos Beltran from the Yankees

To DH presumably. A good move for them.

• Advertisement

Will be sad to see Nimmo leave. A bit scrawny but has potential. I think he'll be a good outfielder in a year or two.

Juan Uribe DFAd by Indians. He'd be a good, cheap pickup as a bench player for a team.

Jays get Scott Feldman from Astros, send Jesse Chavez to Dodgers apparently.

Happy I don't have to watch Chavez anymore, so inconsistent

Will be sad to see Nimmo leave. A bit scrawny but has potential. I think he'll be a good outfielder in a year or two.

And this just got worse. Instead of two low-level minor league prospects, Dilson Herrera is the guy going with Nimmo. He was the reason they let Murphy walk. Terrible deal (if that's who it is).

Edit - Scrap that. Nimmo not going, just Herrera and 2 scrubs. My earlier point stands though. They didn't sign Murphy because Herrera was the 2nd baseman of the future. Now Murph's hitting .350 and Herrera's a Red

Jays get Scott Feldman from Astros, send Jesse Chavez to Dodgers apparently.

Hmmm, funny one. I think Morales was dfa'd as well earlier. I know nothing about Feldman.

This trade deadline stuff is great craic. The last hour on twitter has been crazy.

Same. Having a better season than Chavez and is similar apparently, can start or do a couple of innings.

Looks like 2 separate trades, Dodgers sending some guy here who's stats looks pretty bad Mike Bolsinger

Joe Smith a good pick up for the Cubs. Their bullpen has gotten really better over the past few days.

And The Rangers win the Lucroy sweepstakes. Probably gave up a lot to get him but it looks like they're all in for this year too. AL has just gotten really interesting.

Lucroy, Beltran and Jeffress all added today.

• Advertisement

Pens down, everybody

Bloody hell, Nova from the Yankees gone to the Pirates.

Nova to the Pirates from the Yankees, Matt Moore I'm hearing to the Giants and Steve Pearce of the Rays has been traded too, just not sure where yet.

Nova to the Pirates from the Yankees, Matt Moore I'm hearing to the Giants and Steve Pearce of the Rays has been traded too, just not sure where yet.

Pearce to Baltimore apparently.

Pens down, everybody

Deals will continue to be announced for a wee while yet as they're confirmed by MLB.

Bloody hell, Nova from the Yankees gone to the Pirates.

Just came on to post... Thats that... jaysus what a clear out..
    Ok so they got a serious amount of prospects back but you can never tell

• Advertisement

Mets fans heads are exploding on Twitter at the moment at the news that Jon Niese is coming back.

I bet he regrets slagging off the Mets defence after they traded him in the Winter.

On the positive side, they got rid of Bastardo for him.

Niese back to the Mets. Who's he now? I know ridiculously little about the NL :D

Niese back to the Mets. Who's he now? I know ridiculously little about the NL :D

Jon Niese was the Mets 5th starter last year but got traded to Pittsburgh for Neil Walker last Winter. Mediocre pitcher but is grand as a 5th starter. On his way out the door though, he slagged off the Mets defence saying they cost him games. His first day back should be interesting.

They must be eating load of Bastardo's money fro Pittsburg to take him back they were paying him €12m a year and he was worse than useless this season. But apart from when he pitched great against the Mets in May, Niese has been pretty crap too.

EDIT - Turns out Niese is owed a shed load of money too so they probably cancel out.

So as a Jays fan I'm happy enough. Storen and Chavez gone, Grilli, Feldman, Benoit and Upton in. Not bad.

So as a Jays fan I'm happy enough. Storen and Chavez gone, Grilli, Feldman, Benoit and Upton in. Not bad.

Apparently got Liriano from the Pirates too!

• Advertisement

Apparently got Liriano from the Pirates too!

His ERA pitching to Russell Martin over 200 innings with the Pirates? Under 2. Martin fixed Grilli. Maybe he can fix Francisco. :)

So trade deadline "winners"? Rangers? Indians with Miller alone? Yankees stacked up on prospects.

Sounds like Puig is going to be spending some time in the minors after the Josh Reddick trade. Might help him cop on

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/dodgers-leave-yasiel-puig-behind-as-they-head-to-colorado-080116

Who needs Chapman/Miller when you have Betances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

true enough, the Yankees really did have a lot of bargaining pieces. They have done exceptionally well out of the players they shipped out.

You think he can be the 8th/9th inning saver going forward??

I'm not sure.. But when his stuff is good then he's lethal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

He definitely has save stuff, consistency is the key though and he is going to get an opportunity to get experience this season.

I don't know either to be honest. I wrote that post at 4am as he completed his first save attempt against my Mets. I let my emotions get the better of me at times, especially at stupid o'clock in the morning.

I like him but his temperament isn't great at times.. We'll see how he gets on over the next few weeks if he actually gets many opportunities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Another crazy win for the Cubs. 2nd time in 4 games! Coming back from 4-1 down in the 8th to win 5-4. Sweep over the Marlins!

• Advertisement
Advertisement