Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyfishing in Clare

• 01-04-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Does anybody have any recommendations for locations to fly fish for trout in Clare, especially around the Shannon to Corofin region ?

I'd prefer river fishing or bank fishing on small stillwaters as I've never done any boat fishing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Google search for fishing tackle shops near you then go ask them for advice or suggestions. Or check google maps for any rivers and lakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Google search for fishing tackle shops near you then go ask them for advice or suggestions. Or check google maps for any rivers and lakes.

Thanks Blondie919.

I've tried google maps but I always find it difficult to work out if there's bank access or not. What's the general rule about walking across farmer's fields ?

I'll nip into Ennis and go to the tackle shop and see what they say.

Advertisement