Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

December 2016 Babies Club

• 01-04-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

So today after over 4 and a half years we just confirmed we are pregnant. Due December 7th. I'm still in shock, but on cloud 9 X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Just wanted to say congrats! I was in Dec 15 group. Lovely time to have a baby! Delighted for you after the long wait ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

Fantastic news stickybean, congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Sticky!!!! Massive huge and delighted congratulations to you. What a long road you've travelled to get here. It's always great to see a mew "Due xxx" thread but then there are times that it's doubly great when you see who has started it.

All the very best for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

So So delighted to see you here darlin!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭javagal

I'm due this week but I Met you briefly in 2012 in ttc, delighted to read this ! Best of luck with Every thing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thanks so much brokensoul. Hoping I've a few buddies to hang out with soon. I'm so nervous and scared. So much for the fear ending at getting pregnant. But I'm in no way complaining. I still can't believe how lucky we are to be here X

javagal wrote: »
    I'm due this week but I Met you briefly in 2012 in ttc, delighted to read this ! Best of luck with Every thing !

Wow Javagirl. How amazing. I'll be looking forward to seeing an update. Wishing you the very very best of luck darlin xxx

Sticky!!!! Massive huge and delighted congratulations to you. What a long road you've travelled to get here. It's always great to see a mew "Due xxx" thread but then there are times that it's doubly great when you see who has started it.

All the very best for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Thanks so much penny. Still can't believe I'm here. Feels like a dream xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

stickybean wrote: »
    So today after over 4 and a half years we just confirmed we are pregnant. Due December 7th. I'm still in shock, but on cloud 9 X

Congrats! I am only new here and even I saw your stories on the TTC forum. Well done you!!!! You deserve it

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Congrats! I am only new here and even I saw your stories on the TTC forum. Well done you!!!! You deserve it

Aw thank you darling! Appreciate it xx

• Advertisement

Thanks so much penny. Still can't believe I'm here. Feels like a dream xxx

Best dream ever though isn't it!;)

I appreciate the fear factor, after my miscarriage last summer I was more cautious this time out too but now I'm 30 weeks, measuring in at 32 and the baby is flying along. All too soon he will be making a break for the outside world and I can hardly believe it.
    Come November/December you'll be in just the same (if slightly awkward and uncomfortable:o:)) situation and it will be the best time ever.

Ah thank you Penny! Feeling much better having chatted to a few of the girls here. I am so looking forward to my scan. Taking a step back and trying to enjoy every minute. I've waited a long time to get here.

I can't believe you are 30 weeks. Time is really just flying along xxx

Ah thank you Penny! Feeling much better having chatted to a few of the girls here. I am so looking forward to my scan. Taking a step back and trying to enjoy every minute. I've waited a long time to get here.

I can hardly believe it myself. :) Its really flown in and I didn't think it would. I was throwing up until 22 weeks so you'd think that would have made things drag on a lot but it didn't. Now all of a sudden I'm within the finishing line!
    The scan will be so fantastic. You'll also be taken such good care of too. Its a great thing about being pregnant, everyone involved in your care wants only the best most positive outcome for all concerned.
    Its hard to chill out totally and shut out the negative thoughts or stories but I opted to think only so much bad luck can be visitied on one person/couple and we've had our quota (as have you) and so this time it will be fine. I had no reason to believe it wouldn't be and thankfully I've been proven right so far.

Just a little bump to see if there are anymore December due mammies yet? xxx

Aw huge congratulations Utah :)

Do you know what date?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cownsie

Heyyy! Yes I am due December 2016 although I am only visiting Doctor tomorrow for my date!! We have been trying for a good 8 months or so... Delighted now :)

Congratulations Cownsie!!! So glad to have a buddy :)

How are you feeling? xxx

Soooo hungry and a lil bit of an uneasy tummy but not getn sick thank god. How are u feeling?

I am good. Very very nervous. In a bit of fear something will go wrong.

Little bit tired, boobs are feeling heavy and belly is feeling bloated. I've had a few days of cramping. Also can't look at vegetables...

I know its so early days isnt it! but look fingers crossed. We just have to relax and mind ourselves and let our OHs do all the work!! is this ur first baby? I have a lil boy who is just turned 2.

• Advertisement

I have a 13 year old. I had her when I was 18. I have no memory of being pregnant so everything feels so new.

We've been trying for this little one for over 4 and a half years. I think that is why we are both terrified

Well when you hold this little one in your arms the wait will be all worth it... they are so precious. When you are that lil bit older you will embrace pregnancy a bit more i think... altho i nearly forget what its like and its only few years ago!

I cant wait to go to doc tomorrow for proper confirmation and get a date even though Ive an idea myself but just its official then isnt it!!

I know, I think nature has a way of making us forget everything.

We went through IVF, so we know the date already - December 7th!

I am literally so excited. I want to tell the world. We've just told our parents so far. Going to wait until 10-12 weeks.

my hubbys birthday!! lol... delighted it was a success for ye! now let the bump grow and grow!

I cant wait to start tellin everybody too! its so exciting. I literally cant concentrate on work this week as only found out on sunday... back on boards.ie so defo be less work done! ah well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congrats ladies, brilliant stuff! Am 6 weeks today, apparently due 1-2nd December. First time, happened extremely quickly, still in shock.

Nothing too troubling on the symptom front so far. Waking up to pee every night & very bloated and tired (but just finished a 24hr shift so in fairness, there's other reasons!)

So exciting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Congrats ladies, brilliant stuff! Am 6 weeks today, apparently due 1-2nd December. First time, happened extremely quickly; feel very lucky but also still in shock.

Nothing too troubling on the symptom front so far. Waking up to pee every night & very bloated and tired (but just finished a 24hr shift so in fairness, there's other reasons!)

tiredcity wrote: »
    Congrats ladies, brilliant stuff! Am 6 weeks today, apparently due 1-2nd December. First time, happened extremely quickly; feel very lucky but also still in shock.

Hi tiredcity

Huge congratulations darling. Great news!!!

Our little group is getting bigger X

Congrats to you tiredcity...

my doc appointment went well this morn... due date of 5th December!!

So excited eeeek!!

Just posting without my usual name cause I'm sure a few friends know my login name.

Got a positive test this morning, bit surprised but delighted! Have two children (5&3) so not a total newbie to the whole thing. We hadn't really been trying but had been discussing the possibility of another - I'm now part of the statistics that say all it takes is one time ;) Can even tell when it happened, and about two days later my boobs started to get sore and have been sore since so that's what made me test. Think I'm just about the 4 week mark.

Fingers crossed everything goes well for everyone. For those trying a long time it must be an amazing feeling. Have a few friends in that situation and will be dreading telling them when the time comes.

No more wine !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I feel like an imposter in here but just wanted to say how delighted I am to see you here sticky. Enjoy the exciting journey you're embarking on... The long wait will only have made it all the sweeter x

yellow hen wrote: »
    I feel like an imposter in here but just wanted to say how delighted I am to see you here sticky. Enjoy the exciting journey you're embarking on... The long wait will only have made it all the sweeter x

Aw thanks yellow!!! Been a long time coming xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Aw thanks yellow!!! Been a long time coming xx

All good things etc.. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Hi all! Also recently found out I am pregnant and I am absolutely terrified. Definitely not planned and I'm in two minds about whether to keep it or not. I'm 25 but my boyfriend isn't too keep on the idea and I'm not sure myself if this is even what I want or not. Any advice would be great :)

Can't help but feel this isn't the right thread for this query but maybe others will feel differently. Sorry, no other advice to offer but best of luck whatever you decide.

Booked an early scan today for a couple of weeks time. Going on our first holiday with both our other kids in early May so booked it for the weekend we get back. Hoping I won't be too tired or feeling sick on the holiday , can't wait for a bit of sunshine! Can relax a little bit more after having the scan then.

The bad news today was our car won't take three child seats :(
    We only bought the car 6 weeks ago, and it's the first time we ever bought a brand new car. Husband is considering selling one of the kids before he'll sell the car. Really dont want a people carrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Hi all, nice to meet you all, after months and months trying took 3 tests ( 1 yest morn & 2 just now ) and I have faint BFP lines!! So by the online calculator could be a just before Christmas baby!

Trying not to think too much about it and taking it one day at a time. Am super cautious as had two chemical pregnancies before, but so far so good, very early days though, just barely 4 weeks but had to message when I saw the forum name!

Im very new to this as its my first positive pregnancy so excuse my ignorance..would I be right in saying to wait until 6 weeks to make doc apt? Or when is normal to make apt?

• Advertisement

Hi all, nice to meet you all, after months and months trying took 3 tests ( 1 yest morn & 2 just now ) and I have faint BFP lines!! So by the online calculator could be a just before Christmas baby!

Trying not to think too much about it and taking it one day at a time. Am super cautious as had two chemical pregnancies before, but so far so good, very early days though, just barely 4 weeks but had to message when I saw the forum name!

Im very new to this as its my first positive pregnancy so excuse my ignorance..would I be right in saying to wait until 6 weeks to make doc apt? Or when is normal to make apt?

Aw congratulations StarBright01!!! I made an appointment with my GP the week I found out. I just wanted to go and have a chat make sure I was doing everything right.

I also contacted the hospital I have choose to get an appointment. I am going in on May 24th for my 12 / 13 week scan.

Because we came through IVF I have an early scan next week. I am very excited and nervous about it. Just praying everything is okay.

Booked an early scan today for a couple of weeks time. Going on our first holiday with both our other kids in early May so booked it for the weekend we get back. Hoping I won't be too tired or feeling sick on the holiday , can't wait for a bit of sunshine! Can relax a little bit more after having the scan then.

The bad news today was our car won't take three child seats :(
    We only bought the car 6 weeks ago, and it's the first time we ever bought a brand new car. Husband is considering selling one of the kids before he'll sell the car. Really dont want a people carrier!

Ha ha! You better hope it's not twins or you'll have to hire a trailer :)

Is there any slimmer versions of a booster seat you could use?

Aw congratulations StarBright01!!! I made an appointment with my GP the week I found out. I just wanted to go and have a chat make sure I was doing everything right.

I also contacted the hospital I have choose to get an appointment. I am going in on May 24th for my 12 / 13 week scan.

Because we came through IVF I have an early scan next week. I am very excited and nervous about it. Just praying everything is okay.

Thanks Stickybean and big congrats to you as well :) Apt made for Wednesday morning, if its just a blood test to confirm etc I doubt the other half will have to go to this doc apt (since there is no scanning etc?) I'll run through all options then with Doc. I'm a bit over whelmed at the moment with options and varying hospital cover. I'm debating between public and private in CUMH.

Does anyone have any strange symptoms yet? Ive noticed that I need to keep eating! If I dont then I feel a little ill. I'm definitely a little hungrier and slightly crampy too but from what I read thats normal enough! All questions for the doctor I guess!

I didn't bring the other half to the GP visit. But he is coming to the scan next week.

I've been very very emotional, crying at adds on telly and getting angry over stupid things. Eating a bit more often but smaller amounts. And don't worry, cramps are very normal. I thought I was getting a period last week they were so bad, rang the clinic and the nurse assured me there were an early pregnancy symptom.

Have you told anyone yet? x

I didn't bring the other half to the GP visit. But he is coming to the scan next week.

I've been very very emotional, crying at adds on telly and getting angry over stupid things. Eating a bit more often but smaller amounts. And don't worry, cramps are very normal. I thought I was getting a period last week they were so bad, rang the clinic and the nurse assured me there were an early pregnancy symptom.

Have you told anyone yet? x

Yes very strange, have cramps on and off like I would normally get the day before period. Nothing bad just the odd cramp /twinge here and there so completely know what you mean. We haven't told anyone- we're going to try and hold off although I know in a few weeks my mum will have me sussed :) I'm just going to talk to one of my good friends as she has had 3 babies in CUMH so i want to find out about the difference between public/ private there etc. Have you told anyone yet? Its such an exciting time. I'm wondering if the girls in work have me sussed too as I had a decaf coffee this morn :)

• Advertisement

Yes very strange, have cramps on and off like I would normally get the day before period. Nothing bad just the odd cramp /twinge here and there so completely know what you mean. We haven't told anyone- we're going to try and hold off although I know in a few weeks my mum will have me sussed :) I'm just going to talk to one of my good friends as she has had 3 babies in CUMH so i want to find out about the difference between public/ private there etc. Have you told anyone yet? Its such an exciting time. I'm wondering if the girls in work have me sussed too as I had a decaf coffee this morn :)

We told our parents and my daughter. I figured if things did go wrong (which they won't), I need their support. Also they knew we had such a long journey to get here.

I think after a long chat we are going to go private. We have good health insurance and the only free we are paying is the consultant fee.

I told one girl in work. I guess I was just conscious if something did happen she could cover for me. A bit over the top, but I am being very cautious...

How are you handling nights out? I have one coming up. I've told my friends I'm of the drink for weight loss purposes. So far they haven't bat an eye lid as I am also in slimming world.

We told our parents and my daughter. I figured if things did go wrong (which they won't), I need their support. Also they knew we had such a long journey to get here.

I think after a long chat we are going to go private. We have good health insurance and the only free we are paying is the consultant fee.

I told one girl in work. I guess I was just conscious if something did happen she could cover for me. A bit over the top, but I am being very cautious...

How are you handling nights out? I have one coming up. I've told my friends I'm of the drink for weight loss purposes. So far they haven't bat an eye lid as I am also in slimming world.

Ye must be thrilled, its such a long journey to get here but staying positive is key isn't it.

I really don't know how I'm going to hide it from friends. I've 2 weddings coming up, one week after the other with different groups of friends and then I have my sisters 30th too where all family will be at. I'm going to have to come up with a plausable excuse why i'm always not drinking!!

I just rang VHI and my health cover is crap and won't kick in yet anyway so I'm thinking of going public but paying privately for more scans. In CUMH it seems easier to be landed with a 2 person room when public compared to some others. Good idea about telling someone in work, think I might do that to!

Really love being part of this thread/ group now its brilliant to get & give support and have other people in exactly the same stage!

At the wedding you could let them pour you wine and just leave it there of have your other half drink it. Also fizzy water looks like a vodka and sprite / 7up.

I am so happy there are more of us here. I expect as the weeks go by we will get even more mammies to be. Such an exciting time x

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Nobody buys the antibiotic excuse these days. :p

Last couple of times I got away with it by saying I overdid the booze the night before at another outing. It was Christmas so very plausible. 26th I said I overdid it with the Christmas dinner wine and 27th I said to the folks that I overdid it on the 26th at the inlaws.

Also got the OH to pour my beer into a glass - he took the alcoholic one and substituted me with a non-alcoholic one.

Drank cranberry juice, told people it was vodka+cranberry.

Was designated driver too a few times too. Invented an excuse as to why we brought the car with us -once just said one of us was on call as work key-holder, even though neither of us have a job that requires it, nobody would know.

Health regime of some sort is more acceptable these days too. But this can invite a discussion so if you are not actually one one or have never been on one you might get unstuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

People aren't that aware imo. I know a few people who have been pregnant, I was at weddings and nights out with them and had no idea!! One girl sat with a glass of red wine "sipping" it all night and refused another, didn't dawn on me. Another at a wedding at my table I didn't cop at all, could have sworn she was drinking. I think you're more aware yourself whether your drinking and looking for excuses

Ha ha! You better hope it's not twins or you'll have to hire a trailer :)

Is there any slimmer versions of a booster seat you could use?

Yes we've just bought a new slimmer booster as we needed one new seat anyway. I think tonight we finally found a combination that might work, but that was only using a very basic booster for my older girl and I'm not convinced that's very safe. It would probably be fine for small trips around town but maybe not longer journeys. At least it's a start and if we can get proper narrow seats then maybe just maybe we'll squeeze them in!

Wouldn't mind getting one of those new 'multimac' car seat adapters after the first year - they're dear but cheaper than a new car - but their baby infant seat doesnt look great and it can't sit onto a buggy which is a huge negative for me.

I've made an appointment for my doc on Wed week (he's on hols til then) - from my first two pregnancies the first appointment at the doc is very basic, more about getting first forms sent off etc. My doc never even did pregnancy tests as he reckoned the home ones were actually better than their ones! Probably took blood pressure and maybe checked urine but that's it. My husband never came to any GP appointments as thats all most of them were, but always came to the hospital ones and to any scans etc.

No sickness yet, fingers crossed that'll continue!

My boobs are so sore since last night. I thought they felt heavier, maybe even swollen, but then I thought it was in my head, until I went to put on a bra this morning. They are definitely bigger. I had a bit of overspill on the cup.

Luckily I had an older larger one there (that really should have been binned). I'll not lie, it used to be white... it's more of an off white now. But man is it comfy. Only that I have a client meeting today, I genuinely considered going into the office braless...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

Due Dec 9th so nervous but so excited congrats every 1

My boobs are so sore since last night. I thought they felt heavier, maybe even swollen, but then I thought it was in my head, until I went to put on a bra this morning. They are definitely bigger. I had a bit of overspill on the cup.

Luckily I had an older larger one there (that really should have been binned). I'll not lie, it used to be white... it's more of an off white now. But man is it comfy. Only that I have a client meeting today, I genuinely considered going into the office braless...

Very funny! I know what you mean about the bras mine is falling apart but so comfy so wearing that as they are sore! I have a 5 hour car journey today with my boss. So I've been keeping the window slightly open and eating lots of bars I made with nuts and seeds to stop any nausea!! Can't wait till today is done!

Congrats vanessamee welcome to the group xxx

How are you feeling so far? x

• Advertisement
Advertisement