Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

December 2016 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Very funny! I know what you mean about the bras mine is falling apart but so comfy so wearing that as they are sore! I have a 5 hour car journey today with my boss. So I've been keeping the window slightly open and eating lots of bars I made with nuts and seeds to stop any nausea!! Can't wait till today is done!

I think a trip to Penneys is in my very near future. Think I will go up a cup size, maybe even across the back too...

Oh that sounds awful! Bet you can't wait to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

I feel so sick stickybean sore boobs shattered tired all the time will be glad to see the 12 week Mark I'm a chef so my hours are killing me at the moment.. I don't remember being this sick on my last pregnancy 7 years ago hard work lol

Ah vanessamee, you poor doll! Must be so exhauting with the long hours and being on your feet. I'm lucky to have desk job and can work from home if necessary, I can't imagine how tired you must get.

I guess we are nearing the six week half way mark. Six more weeks and our skin will be glowing, our hair will be rich and our boobs will be huge (not to mention our bumps :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Big hello and congratulations to everyone, looks like I'm next to join!

A positive test over the weekend and it's looking like an early December bundle for me!

Hug congratulations Ninjini xx

Thanks stickybean x x

Hope it's a happy and healthy few months ahead for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Ninjini wrote: »
    Big hello and congratulations to everyone, looks like I'm next to join!

A positive test over the weekend and it's looking like an early December bundle for me!

Congratulations! Yippee another new arrival to our little group!

Congratulations! Yippee another new arrival to our little group!

Such a lovely friendly group!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for pregnancy apps?

Such a lovely friendly group!

Hope everyone is keeping well.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for pregnancy apps?

I have 3 that I am trying out

pregnancy + (this is my favourite so far)
    What to expect
    Ovia pregnancy

• Advertisement

stickybean wrote: »
    I have 3 that I am trying out

pregnancy + (this is my favourite so far)
    What to expect
    Ovia pregnancy

Thanks so much, I will give them a try.

Thanks so much, I will give them a try.

Will definitely get those apps, say they are so handy!

Had first doc apt today. So much info to take in. Estimated due date so far is 18th Dec. It's weird were still cautiously excited, like we're too nervous about getting too excited. I guess that's just normal. Doc was running through so many new different schemes running in CUMH, one is Improved Midwife led study which is basically where you get more check ups and scans and the other is called the Domino Scheme which seems to be nationwide. Guess there is plenty of time to read up & decide on them!

Also randomly but it was mentioned a few posts ago, on bras- Dunnes do a good comfort range!

I have to get cracking on making a doctor's appointment.

At the moment I'm struggling to decide which hospital to attend, trying to sift through all the information to nail down a choice.

I have to get cracking on making a doctor's appointment.

At the moment I'm struggling to decide which hospital to attend, trying to sift through all the information to nail down a choice.

Are you Dublin based? Here in cork we have just the one option! It's been done up though which is great. Anomaly scans aren't standard though for everyone there apparently which is really bad. Either way I'll pay for one privately if I can't get it in the hospital

Are you Dublin based? Here in cork we have just the one option! It's been done up though which is great. Anomaly scans aren't standard though for everyone there apparently which is really bad. Either way I'll pay for one privately if I can't get it in the hospital

Private scans are definitely worth every cent imo.

Everything going well, this will be our third (and final) baby.

I attended the Rotunda and the Coombe for my previous pregnancies, but we moved away from Dublin since then and there is no local hospital here so I will have to travel no matter what.

An hour or so from Dublin or 40-50ish minutes from Kilkenny seem to be my options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Have any of you told your parents?? I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER (I've know for four weeks!) I'm actually a November due date but am at very end so only 7 weeks now and really want to tell them!

• Advertisement

Why are you holding of telling them Beany?

How is everyone feeling? Any weird cravings or symptoms?

I'd a bad bout of "morning sickness" all day yesterday, was feeling very lighted headed as well. Seems to have calmed today. I took crackers to bed last night and ate one before I got up (one of the ladies here recommended it) so far it seem to have worked. Think I will stick to loads of little snacks, the thought of a big meal make me heave.

Why are you holding of telling them Beany?

Husband wanted to hold off until post 12 weeks of whatever. I have decided to tell mine this weekend. Like we are very close and they'd support me if something went wrong, in fact they'd be upset if something went wrong and I didn't tell them? Husband doesn't want to get anyone's hopes up (even his own)..... but we had a scan and it's in there ticking away and I feel good... think I'm just trying to justify it to myself!

Ah maybe he is just a little nervous. Like that I told my folks straight away. I know if anything happened I would need them to be there to support me. Also the happiness when I told them was amazing. I thought they were going to burst. It was the best feeling in the world.

How is everyone feeling? Any weird cravings or symptoms?

I'd a bad bout of "morning sickness" all day yesterday, was feeling very lighted headed as well. Seems to have calmed today. I took crackers to bed last night and ate one before I got up (one of the ladies here recommended it) so far it seem to have worked. Think I will stick to loads of little snacks, the thought of a big meal make me heave.

I know its not healthy, but if my stomach feels a bit off I find sipping 7up helps. I also read if you're really bad cola can help. Also I'm using sea bands.

• Advertisement

"Morning sickness" is definitely kicking in for me.

The strange thing is I found sipping some Pepsi settled my stomach yesterday. Not a long term solution though. Fortunately I found sucking mints helps too!

We are due to spend the weekend at my OH's parent's house, we haven't told anyone the news yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the nausea isn't too bad.

Ah maybe he is just a little nervous. Like that I told my folks straight away. I know if anything happened I would need them to be there to support me. Also the happiness when I told them was amazing. I thought they were going to burst. It was the best feeling in the world.

Ah that's great!!!! Love that. Are they worried though (like I'm a bit concerned about the folks over worrying and me just stressing them by telling them)

I think I might cry trying to tell them... My dad is dying for grandkids he might just burst if I tell him.

The strange thing is I found sipping some Pepsi settled my stomach yesterday. Not a long term solution though. Fortunately I found sucking mints helps too!

We are due to spend the weekend at my OH's parent's house, we haven't told anyone the news yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the nausea isn't too bad.

Don't worry if you're ill they just whisper about the possibility behind your back :p

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Ah that's great!!!! Love that. Are they worried though (like I'm a bit concerned about the folks over worrying and me just stressing them by telling them)

I think I might cry trying to tell them... My dad is dying for grandkids he might just burst if I tell him.

I wouldn't say worried. They have the usual concerns I guess being so early on. But having my mam to chat to is great. Also gives the OH a break. Even little things like eating ginger nut biscuits to stop the nausea. I guess I just like being able to talk to someone else about it too.

His parents are over the moon. They got me a huge bouquet the next day.

Now they have been texting me most days to see am I okay, of if I need anything. I'd say that will get tiring soon. But they are excited, so I really can't complain.

Pepsi? I must give it a try. I've heard the mints are good, particularly peppermint! Are you telling them this weekend or holding of a little longer?

His parents are over the moon. They got me a huge bouquet the next day.

Now they have been texting me most days to see am I okay, of if I need anything. I'd say that will get tiring soon. But they are excited, so I really can't complain.

My Dad's a worrier but on the other and it's nice to have someone worrying about you sometimes! That's sweet about your in-laws :D Sound like you'll never get a minute to yourself when baba comes, but at least you won't be stuck for support!

I already have a 13 year old (from when I was much much younger). So this is my OH's first biological child and their first grandchild.

They are fantastic and think of my daughter as there own, which is super. But this baby, is their's son's if that makes sense.

I'll be lucky to get a look in :D:D:D

That's brilliant. Mine will be the first grandchild on both sides and my Dad has been asking about them for years!! I just hope it all goes ok

Pepsi? I must give it a try. I've heard the mints are good, particularly peppermint! Are you telling them this weekend or holding of a little longer?

No we are going to keep the news quiet until after 12 weeks.

Avoiding any offers of a drink over the weekend might add to the speculation too :pac:

ah beany that will make it even more special :)

Ninjini good uck with your weekend. There is some great alcohol free beers and wines at the minute. We got a lovely Rose one in M&S

• Advertisement

Avoiding any offers of a drink over the weekend might add to the speculation too :pac:

I reckon a few people suspected me - I doubt they've every seen me refuse a glass of red!! I even went out for dinner.. and drove. They'll either think I'm pregnant or gone mad!

I reckon a few people suspected me - I doubt they've every seen me refuse a glass of red!! I even went out for dinner.. and drove. They'll either think I'm pregnant or gone mad!

I know the way! We've a lot of social outings over the next few weekends, weddings and birthdays and my parents will be staying in ours so it will be hard to keep it quiet but we're going to try and hide it for as long as possible just until we've had the scan anyway. They are big worriers.

Okay so I know you are all going to think I am gone mad here... but I just got a package in the post. I ordered 2 maternity dresses from Debenhams in the sale. I know it is WAYYYY to early to be getting anything at all like that but I have waited so long to get here I couldn't resist.... I have to say, they are very cute :)

Okay so I know you are all going to think I am gone mad here... but I just got a package in the post. I ordered 2 maternity dresses from Debenhams in the sale. I know it is WAYYYY to early to be getting anything at all like that but I have waited so long to get here I couldn't resist.... I have to say, they are very cute :)

Great idea when they are on sale!!

I did the same!! Well one maternity dress and two tops, my husband roared laughing at me.

I did the same!! Well one maternity dress and two tops, my husband roared laughing at me.

Brilliant! So glad I am not the only one :)

There is so much in the sales right now that would be perfect for September onwards

It's the only thing I can feel like I can really buy at this stage!! Like I'm not going out to get a pram or anything, however much I might want to :p

We bought a small bear the day we found out. I have it next to my bed. I did the same for my daughter and she still has hers :)

That's a lovely idea. I'm kinda of thinking about buying something for myself, like as reminder of what's coming, because I keep forgetting.

I feel happy when I think about the little dude on my scan but sometimes I feel really bloody sorry for myself - like right now I had to make an excuse about why I'm not going out for lunch (again) and I'm sitting here feeling shaky eating crackers and cheese and hoping my stomach feels better soon. I know we'd all probably go through anything to make sure it's all ok, but it's hard to keep that frame of mind 24/7.

• Advertisement

That's a lovely idea. I'm kinda of thinking about buying something for myself, like as reminder of what's coming, because I keep forgetting.

I feel happy when I think about the little dude on my scan but sometimes I feel really bloody sorry for myself - like right now I had to make an excuse about why I'm not going out for lunch (again) and I'm sitting here feeling shaky eating crackers and cheese and hoping my stomach feels better soon. I know we'd all probably go through anything to make sure it's all ok, but it's hard to keep that frame of mind 24/7.

Oh Beanybabog hope you feel better soon. I haven't had the morning sickness yet but i'm not 5 weeks yet so doc said it mainly starts around the 6 week mark. Would that match up with all of you guys?

Oh Beanybabog hope you feel better soon. I haven't had the morning sickness yet but i'm not 5 weeks yet so doc said it mainly starts around the 6 week mark. Would that match up with all of you guys?

I haven't been sick yet but I do o suffer anxiety which has made me think I am worse, if that makes sense. But although I'm not vomiting, I sometimes feel a bit shaky, fizzy stomach and "off". I'm 7 weeks. I had to throw out my healthy soup and now I'm sipping 7up and eating snax crisps. :o So much for healthy eating. I hope I don't get worse as I have a new job and can't let on :eek:

Most of the time however I'm fine and in the mornings I am, although I'm starting to "cough" kinda like a dry retch and gag when I brush my teeth. I'm taking epsom salts baths, using sea bands, and eating pretty much whatever I want because I can't stand the idea of eating healthy food that I'm turned off. TMI but I feel worse when I can't go to the loo!

Yes!!! To the day. I got my first bout the night before I was six weeks and all the day I turned 6 weeks. Feeling a good bit better today. But I am eating a cream cracker every hour. Not taking any chances. :)

I feel bad for moaning because 1) being pregnant is more important and 2) I'm much better than a lot of ppl at this stage.
    Trying to PMA the first trimester away!!!

Prefer to try to live in the moment but o can't help wishing for the time I feel good, have a bump, everyone knows, I'm in the safe zone and can start buying my cribs and the like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Seem to be lucky in that haven't had morning sickness or much nausea, but keep suddenly getting shaky and light headed and it's pretty horrible. Work as a junior doctor so on my feet all day and things like lunch or breaks are non-existent a lot of the time. Have two 24 hour on-call shifts this weekend and the one cup of coffee a day thing is killing me so if I can make it through that I'll hopefully be laughing through the next few weeks. I can see a lot of ducking into storage closets to scoff rice cake bars in my near future...

Talking of which my usually semi-healthy diet has gone to hell in the last week and can't get enough salt. Keep demolishing share bags of crisps/tortilla chips/pistachios and 7up free. Hoping this is a (brief) phase!

We've told our folks and siblings so far and bought some new bras today. Still not entirely convinced anything is going on in there, despite all the evidence to the contrary. The days are crawling a bit tbh, just want to get to the end of the trimester and stop worrying!

That sounds like a nightmare! No wonder you're shaky and dizzy- I'd feel like that if I wasn't pregnant but had no food and worked that hard. If it gets bad just tell the people you work with and that you need breaks for food- they're doctors and nurses they'll have to understand!!

• Advertisement

Also I classify shakiness and dozziness as nausea. I think I'm probably too paranoid about being ill. Like I got takeaway and I'm sitting here eating away but I still think I feel ill, but the feeling is not my stomach really, like above it? I think I could be getting heartburn but I've never had it so I'm not sure, I just think I feel sick, but since I'm eating grand I couldn't be??

Also I classify shakiness and dozziness as nausea. I think I'm probably too paranoid about being ill. Like I got takeaway and I'm sitting here eating away but I still think I feel ill, but the feeling is not my stomach really, like above it? I think I could be getting heartburn but I've never had it so I'm not sure, I just think I feel sick, but since I'm eating grand I couldn't be??

That's exactly how I feel Beanybabog, almost in my chest area. And also have way to much saliva, which is making me gag.

I woke up at 3am this morning, thought I was going to throw up. I was dry reaching for a few minutes then I couldn't lie down, had to sit up for an hour and eat some crackers till it eased up.

Since I woke I feel very light headed. I did read these are good signs, means the hormones at good high levels.

tiredcity I've no idea how you do it! I couldn't stay awake for 24 hours let alone work. I'm with you on the binge eating. I can't seem to look at healthy food. Hoping this will pass soon xxx

And also have way to much saliva, which is making me gag.

I woke up at 3am this morning, thought I was going to throw up. I was dry reaching for a few minutes then I couldn't lie down, had to sit up for an hour and eat some crackers till it eased up.

Yup the saliva, it's gross!! That's horrible that you're waking up. I would be no where near that bad, in fact I feel the best in the morning, a good sleep does wonders! Hopefully another week or two and it'll pass and we'll all feel like a million dollars

Yup the saliva, it's gross!! That's horrible that you're waking up. I would be no where near that bad, in fact I feel the best in the morning, a good sleep does wonders! Hopefully another week or two and it'll pass and we'll all feel like a million dollars

I got some sea sick bracelets today. Really has taken the edge off... I have to say for 9,99 I would recommend. Already feeling a good bit better.

Also the smell of fresh lemons has stopped my gagging.

And the new bra (went up a cup size) is super comfy. Ah the little things

Hey ladies,

How is everyone keeping? xxx

• Advertisement
Advertisement