Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Dublin property market

Options
  • 02-04-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

Just looking for users views on the current dublin property market?
    Are prices falling,?
    Is there a big difference between asking and selling prices?
    Is now a good time to buy or should one wait for another year or two?

Comments

I'm in the middle of trying to find a place to buy.

I've made an offer on two properties and was out bided on both.

One was a small one bedroomed apartment, the price kept going up and up and up... until it was 20k more than the asking and I decided to drop out. When I was dropping out there were three others still bidding and it's still on the market so I'm guessing the current price is crazy.

Another property was a two bedroom apartment and I made quite a generous bid which I thought would get it. But somebody bid a grand more than me so I dropped out (didn't want to get involved in another bidding war). That price was 10k more than the asking.

I've no experience with houses but I think the highest demand right now is smaller properties so if you're looking to buy a house you might not have the same problems I've experienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tea_addict

Galtee65 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just looking for users views on the current dublin property market?
    Are prices falling,?
    Is there a big difference between asking and selling prices?
    Is now a good time to buy or should one wait for another year or two?

there was a lot of talk post the alan kelly changes re_ rent control etc about how prices were falling fast , it didnt materalise in reality , i reckon the market is more or less flat since this time last year or even for the past fifteen months perhaps

that said , the current cycle only began in early to mid 2012 , its too soon for a correction unless the economy hits the rocks and i dont mean like in 2008 which was a once in fifty years crash

if i had the means to buy , i would absolutely buy right now , we are not going back to 2012 levels , dublin has become too important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The Property Market thread here has a lot of the info you're looking for. It's a national thread but in reality it's very Dublin centric.

Advertisement