Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One

Options
  • 02-04-2016 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I have a ps4 and a good few games and it gets a fair bit of use. Looking forward to the likes of Unchartered 4 etc. I've seen the videos etc. for Quantum Break and it go me thinking. I was fairly close to buying an Xbox One yesterday but I'm still trying to make up my mind. Are there enough exclusives on the Xbone to warrant buying it? Solely as a games console, no media playing or anything else etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

petes wrote: »
    Okay, so I have a ps4 and a good few games and it gets a fair bit of use. Looking forward to the likes of Unchartered 4 etc. I've seen the videos etc. for Quantum Break and it go me thinking. I was fairly close to buying an Xbox One yesterday but I'm still trying to make up my mind. Are there enough exclusives on the Xbone to warrant buying it? Solely as a games console, no media playing or anything else etc.

Thanks

Pretty good value for money at the moment. The free games with gold have been very good the last couple of months. The list of backwards compatible games is growing all the time also. An EA Access sub is only 25 euro for the year too and gets you the following:
    • Battlefield 4
    • Battlefield Hardline
    • Dead Space
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • EA Sports UFC
    • FIFA 14
    • FIFA 15
    • Madden NFL 15
    • Madden NFL 25
    • Madden NFL 16
    • NBA Live 15
    • Need for Speed: Rivals
    • NHL 15
    • NHL 16
    • Peggle 2
    • Plants vs. Zombies
    • Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
    • Titanfall (DLC is free for this too).

As for exclusives, it depends what you like. The Forza games and Halo would be the best of the bunch at the moment. There's also the second Tomb Raider game (that will be on PS4 at the end of the year though). There's another Gears of War coming out soonish. There's a few unknown quantities like Scalebound and ReCore that look like they could be good too. I've no idea if Quantum Break will be worth buying the console for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Thanks for that, it was Quantum Break that got me thinking, then started looking at Forza and Halo. Have Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition on PS4 and really like the look of the one on Xbox even though it is coming out on Ps4 but as you said not until the end of the year. I think I'm just trying to convince myself ☺️

Saying all that I've Metal Gear to get through and just bought GTAV having not played it so it's not as if I don't have enough to keep me going!!

Just reserved a 500 gig one in Argos with GTAV for 270

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Saying all that I've Metal Gear to get through and just bought GTAV having not played it so it's not as if I don't have enough to keep me going!!
    Just reserved a 500 gig one in Argos with GTAV for 270

That escalated quickly :pac:

GAAman wrote: »
    That escalated quickly :pac:

Well I think the prices may have been a factor 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's a few PC ports that aren't on PS4 that are also well worth checking out. The Long Dark and Elite Dangerous are both great and there's also ARK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sunset Overdrive is another very good game and will be free on Games for Gold in a few days.

Advertisement