Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud out of storage - any advice on freeing up space?

Options
  • 02-04-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My iCloud is out of storage and I'd like to free up space so my phone (4s) will continue to back up.

I'm transferring all my photos to my box account, so not worried about them, but I do want to keep all my contacts and apps should my die and get a new phone.

All advice welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Delete any old backups. Also see which apps are using the most space in the backup and exclude them.

But for the sake of 12 euro a year, I'd suggest just buying the extra storage and not having to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Delete any old backups. Also see which apps are using the most space in the backup and exclude them.

But for the sake of 12 euro a year, I'd suggest just buying the extra storage and not having to worry about it.

Cheers for the response! How do I about deleting old backups? I find the iCloud site quite difficult to navigate so not sure where to go and do that. I hear you about just paying the 12e, it probably would save the hassle but as I get unlimited free storage I'd rather just keep my photos on my private account and keep icloud for the phone settings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Do it on your phone.
    Settings
    iCloud
    Storage
    Manage storage

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭str|ct9

Where do you get unlimited free storage?

Advertisement