Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe for lunch in Midleton

Options
  • 02-04-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

We are visiting next week can anyone recommend a good cafe, just for a decent sandwich and maybe a cake or two!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not somewhere I generally find myself, but I had a very nice lunch in Farmgate once.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

Monty's is a lovely spot. Nice food and cakes and very relaxed.
    Farmgate is great too but more like a restaurant.
    Bitesize if you were just looking for coffee and cake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

tipping wrote: »
    Monty's is a lovely spot. Nice food and cakes and very relaxed.
    Farmgate is great too but more like a restaurant.
    Bitesize if you were just looking for coffee and cake

Farmgate looks lovely but its closed on Mondays which is when we are visiting, Where is Monty's in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Farmgate looks lovely but its closed on Mondays which is when we are visiting, Where is Monty's in the town?

It's pretty much the other side of main Street from where farmgate is down a little Lane that runs beside the road to the distillery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

BTW, we went into Monty's on Saturday (my wife has been already) and it's a lovely place. As said above, very relaxed, nice coffee, tasty cakes & friendly staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

We went to Farmgate in the end, it was very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

If you ever find yourself there again, The Pantry do delicious lunch. They're just around the corner from Monty's, on the road before the distillery. They have the best best coffee in town too in my experience.

Advertisement