Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash 4 clothes

Options
  • 02-04-2016 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

hi guys anyone know of any good places that give 80c per kg ? done a massive clearout and planning a penneys rampage lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rather give away the stuff to the SVP then get maybe 20 euros extra to spend in pennys.

Just think the money into the SVP will help others will the clothes will also help to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

or the Irish Cancer Society, they will take clothes and rely heavily on items like this to raise funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

thanks for replies - but as sad as it sounds actually need the cash at the min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tuch

If 80c a kilo is going to bring you in any worthwhile sum then must have a lot of unwanted/unused clothes. which must have cost you a lot of money. And you don't want to give them to charity because you need the money to buy even more clothes in Pennys. Keeping some poor child in Bangladesh in a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Some helpful answers here.

OP there's a place in Blackpool just down a bit from South Doc, not sure what they pay but might be worth a shot.
    I see a lot of people selling clothes on Adverts.ie, would that be an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Awful lot of judgement going on here :rolleyes:

OP there's also a place in Togher on the Southside Industrial Estate just off Vicars Road but no idea what they pay

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just so you are aware, in my experience, those places are very picky, they sell the clothes on so anything old, tatty or just not fashionable will be handed back to you.

I got plenty of very useable clothes handed back as they didn't like the look of them.

Off to Irish Cancer Society or SVP for me from now on.

You'll be lucky to get a tenner and have to bring the rest to one of the above places anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

HairMare wrote: »
    hi guys anyone know of any good places that give 80c per kg ? done a massive clearout and planning a penneys rampage lol
    There are loads of clothes selling pages on Facebook for Cork area. Put up bundles and sell them off cheaply,you will get much more than the cash for clothes places which are a rip off imo and seemingly they sell them off for huge profit.

Advertisement