Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing properties

Options
  • 02-04-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

How does this sound, I have one property not occupied for three years moved in with GF so live in her house,
    childcare of 800 a month for two kids
    house value 80000-90000 approx,
    mortgage 88000 left,
    Salary 41000
    I am looking at putting this house on the market and buying another house to live in the future (opportunity has come up)
    New house value 125000
    I have a deposit of 25000
    So new mortgage is 100000
    I have never missed payments etc and have a good savings record so my question is what are the chances of getting a bridging mortgage while property one sells ?
    Not sure if I can wait for property one to sell before acting on property two

Any views appreciated Sry if it's a lil unclear !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Bridging mortgages are very expensive & I'm not sure they would even be available these days.
    We had an offered accepted on a house & the owners accepted our offer knowing we had to put our house on the market - which we did the week after they accepted our offer.

Are you in an area where there is a scarcity of property available?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

April 73 wrote: »
    Bridging mortgages are very expensive & I'm not sure they would even be available these days.
    We had an offered accepted on a house & the owners accepted our offer knowing we had to put our house on the market - which we did the week after they accepted our offer.

Are you in an area where there is a scarcity of property available?

Shortage of rental properties so hopefully a first time buyer who is good to go comes along and makes my life easier 😅

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

You could always put your house on the market & gauge interest. You're not committed to anything until the contract signing stage.
    This could put you in a good position to put an offer on the other house if you are already on the market or sale agreed.

Advertisement