Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inpatient in 2 different hospitals

Options
  • 02-04-2016 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,
    My wife has already stayed 20 days in one public hospital within the last 12 months and paid the €750 for the 1st 10 days. She is now going be be an inpatient in another public hospital. Will she be charged 75 euro per night again as it is a different hospital? Can't find anything on this anywhere else. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭offalyred

Tried the HSE site but could not find the answer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

offalyred wrote: »
    Tried the HSE site but could not find the answer.

Does it not go by calendar year?

So e.g. if she stayed 10 nights last year up to Dec. and 2 so far this year, then she will have to pay for 8 nights this year, you pay for a maximum of ten nights per year.

Stheno wrote: »
    Does it not go by calendar year?

So e.g. if she stayed 10 nights last year up to Dec. and 2 so far this year, then she will have to pay for 8 nights this year, you pay for a maximum of ten nights per year.

My understanding is that it is not based on the calender year
    "The statutory charge for overnight and day in-patient services is €75 per day up to a maximum of €750 in any 12 consecutive months"

My problem is that it is 2 different hospitals

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

offalyred wrote: »
    My understanding is that it is not based on the calender year
    "The statutory charge for overnight and day in-patient services is €75 per day up to a maximum of €750 in any 12 consecutive months"

My problem is that it is 2 different hospitals

Ah right.

Well in that case why not bring proof that you have previously paid for the ten nights?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Ah right.

Well in that case why not bring proof that you have previously paid for the ten nights?

Am going to ask when she is admitted next week, but was wondering what the position was, and what we face, before we go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ring Admissions of the hospital she is being admitted to and discuss it with them.

Advertisement