Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a person to install a car radio in Dundalk please.

Options
  • 02-04-2016 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi I recently bought a 04 car but I was looking to replace the stereo that is in it as its a standerd factory one thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

house45 wrote: »
    Hi I recently bought a 04 car but I was looking to replace the stereo that is in it as its a standerd factory one thanks

Have a quick look on youtube for a tutorial for your car. Car radios are actually quite easy to replace, especially on older models. You might save yourself a few quid and also earn the smug satisfaction of doing something like that yourself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

I second autotronix, Dave does a great job and at a reasonable price and will come to you.

He used to work in Safe and Sound with Aidan.

I am waiting on my new car, then I will be getting him to rig up all kinds of madness inside for me ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Also if you dont want someone to do it as suggested use youtube.

Depending on the model of the car you may only need basic tools.

Normally if the car does not have a standard DIN opening you will need the following :

1.) Facia Adaptor for the car
    2.) ISO Loom adaptor
    3.) Steering wheel adaptor (which for some units is a basic lead)
    4.) Antenna adaptor.
    5.) Cable ties and some insulating tape.

Advertisement