Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non priority shower unit

Options
  • 02-04-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Looking for unit because of running 2 showers but there is such a vast differance in prices what is a reasonable make and price for one
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I thin they are about 120 , could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

I usually just use a 4 pole contractor with 2 n/o contacts and 2 n/c contacts.

Use a seperate light switch at one shower to operate the contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Use a light switch at one shower to operate the contractor.

Not sure thats legit as it doesn't mean two showers can't be run at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Use a light switch at one shower to operate the contractor.

Could you give me a link to this contractor if you have it. If not maybe the make and model no
    Thanks

It is impossible to run the two showers at same time as only two poles of contractor can be closed at any one time.

It is totally permissable to use this method

• Advertisement

noel100 wrote:
    Could you give me a link to this contractor if you have it. If not maybe the make and model no Thanks

Any wholesaler will stock these.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It is impossible to ruin the two showers at same time as only two poles of contractor can be closed at any one time.

It is totally permissable to use this method

Sorry yeah I see that

You actually don't need an isolator at the shower with the control switch as the contractor provides separation.

I always put it in anyway☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You actually don't need an isolator at the shower with the control switch as the contractor provides separation.

I always put it in anyway☺

It can be a useful way to have a priority setup alright, but for isolation, it needs a proper isolator at each shower. A changeover contactor is a fiddly isolation method imo.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I installed a change over contractor arrangement myself in the distant past. I did this because the priority units had been known to fail (at the time). As stated above it made impossible for both units to run at the same time.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    I installed a change over contractor arrangement myself in the distant past. I did this because the priority units had been known to fail (at the time). As stated above it made impossible for both units to run at the same time.

Can you tell how that works.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

noel100 wrote: »
    Can you tell how that works.

When no control power is applied only "shower A" can be energized. When control power is applied on "shower B" can be energized. A 2 way switch arrangement is used to select either shower, with one switch outside each bathroom.

2011 wrote: »
    When no control power is applied only "shower A" can be energized. When control power is applied on "shower B" can be energized. A 2 way switch arrangement is used to select either shower, with one switch outside each bathroom.

What type of 2 way switch do you use.
    Thank for.the reply

noel100 wrote: »
    What type of 2 way switch do you use.
    Thank for.the reply

A light switch. It was only switching a low current as it was just for the coil of the contractor. It was a 2 gang, the other switch on it was for the bathroom light.

Advertisement