Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eight years ago, my life changed because of drugs. My story.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I was lucky not to become a casualty of acid but the experiences I had were some of the best and most interesting things I have done. I have travelled many countries and places but a voyage through you own brain is the most interesting and most dangerous thing a person can do.

Curious as to why you say "dangerous".

I'm relatively new to pyschadelics but have always found them to be safe, as long as you take care as to what company and environment you take them in and how you handle the days after the come-down.

That said, I was lucky to have some excellent and very knowlegeable people introuce me to them.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Some of the greatest contributions to society have been made by people on drugs.

Dry ****e.

That's not dry, that's just ignorant.

"Dry" people who don't drink don't go and lecture people about something they have no experience (and apparently a head full of lies) about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So what have you taken and in what environment?

I never shot craps. Went home from Vegas in profit from playing roulette. Stupid, maybe, but that's what happened.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Curious as to why you say "dangerous".

I'm relatively new to pyschadelics but have always found them to be safe, as long as you take care as to what company and environment you take them in and how you handle the days after the come-down.

That said, I was lucky to have some excellent and very knowlegeable people introuce me to them.

I was 17 when I started and sometimes my understanding of the power of the drugs and the situations I was getting into was not thought out properly. These are all illegal drugs and you could never tell how strong the acid was going to be, so sometimes you would trip for 6 hours but once I didn't come down for about 48 hours and that was a very trying experience. Also you could come across people who were not going to improve your mood or who would actively seek to freak you out. I would say that people who are prone to psychotic episodes and LSD should not mix, unfortunately often people do not know how badly they will react until they have taken it and then it could have a very bad effect. That is why I say it can be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Anyone who has not gone on a trip with acid or some such psychoactive drugs cannot really understand the hit ones mental state can take. I was a bit of a mushroom man and acid freak in my late teens for a few years.

Describing a trip is really difficult because you are entering a different world, for me it was like being in a fairy tale, my whole perception of colours, space and time would change, my whole understanding of the physical world changed. You would see whole worlds emerge in a flower or in cloud and you could stare at it for hours, streets I walked down daily became fairytale wonder worlds where nothing was recognisable. I would see gorillas in trees and lions in the shadows, building would bend or disintegrate in billions of pieces in front of you. This was not just a feeling , it was real at the time, as real as anything that happens in everyday life. I would we able to reach out and touch the stars. I would look at a person and know if the were happy or sad and I could read people's minds and communicate telepathically. I would walk for miles across Dublin at night through an alien city full of demon and monsters or angles and fairies depending on my mood or the mood of those I met. Sometimes I couldn't speak or even cross a road because of the effects of the drugs. when you go on a trip you go through a door into an other world that is so different and strange that it is impossible to imagine, and every time you return to that place it is instantly recognisable the moment you pass into the trip world. Coming back(down) from trips sometimes took hours or even days and you got the feeling that you maybe were stuck in that dream or nightmare world forever.

I was lucky not to become a casualty of acid but the experiences I had were some of the best and most interesting things I have done. I have travelled many countries and places but a voyage through you own brain is the most interesting and most dangerous thing a person can do.

Did you ever find yourself in a fountain closet playing a magical pink trumpet that appeared through a wall vortex and then being paid 10 bags of gold dust by a demon.

Did you ever find yourself in a fountain closet playing a magical pink trumpet that appeared through a wall vortex and then being paid 10 bags of gold dust by a demon.

No, but I feel you pain. Was it a good trip?

Did you ever find yourself in a fountain closet playing a magical pink trumpet that appeared through a wall vortex and then being paid 10 bags of gold dust by a demon?
    FYP

No.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I done acid a few times but was quite hugely caught off guard the first time I mixed it with something else. The change really crept up on me and there seemed to be no sort of consistency to the effects that I could ground myself with.

Was a f*cking miserable night of sitting in a corner blasting Sigur Ros into my ears to calm me down. Can easily see how it'd mess up someone's sense of self, wouldn't do it again.

Would find it hard to attribute whatever changes might occur to be solely down to trip though, the way it's put some kind of definite breaking point between the younger you and who you are now might result in the general effects of nostalgia to be oddly put upon that one event.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

I've dabbled with quite a few drugs over the years. MDMA, coke, speed, acid, shrooms and a good few more

What I would say to anyone who's going to experiment with drugs is use them rarely and always in the right setting. To me, hallucinogenics should never be used in a party environment.I've learned some very important things about myself through acid and mushrooms and I am 100% a better person for taking the substances. The introspection properties of these drugs are amazing but I'd recommend against them if you've any skeletons in your closet. And even if you are mentally stable, I wouldn't be using more than 3 or 4 times a year

Ecstasy and coke were great the odd time for wild parties/festivals but all in moderation of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I do drugs. Personally from my point of view they have helped me see things in a different light and think on things completely differently. Doing an hallucinogenic was what cracked my mind in a good way. I thought on a deeper level I started seeing life in a non serious manner and something to enjoy and generally just stopped sweating small stuff because we're all going to die and nothing we do will make sure we're remembered and everything is just temporary. Your job, your youth and this life. Once I saw things like that my mind just "cracked" as I said and I started seeing things in that perspective. I also had some incredible conversations with friends and people in general. I had some of the realest talks in my life on drugs you may call it talking nonsense but I call talking about the weather for a solid 5 mins as pure s**t talk.So yeah that's what drugs did for me. I'm incredibly thankful and just wanted to share a flip side story to the OP post.

As a personal opinion I think drugs are great but should always be respected. Of course there is a big risk taking them but a big reward. I would never have anything bad to say to anyone who doesn't do them and would never think less of anyone for someone doing them. Moderation as always is the key if you're going to do drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

Eh, people have been taking drugs far back into pre-history, it's not a new phenomenon.

I am not saying drugs are bad mkay. I am saying there is a serious lack of contentment in society now to a point where nearly everyone has a method of sedation, drugs. Legal and otherwise, mindless tv, consumerism etc. It's a shame.
    I am strongly in favour of legalisation BTW.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

melissak wrote: »
    I wonder what it is about modern society that makes people want to sedate themselves?
    I am not saying drugs are bad mkay. I am saying there is a serious lack of contentment in society now to a point where nearly everyone has a method of sedation, drugs. Legal and otherwise, mindless tv, consumerism etc. It's a shame.

Modern life is more stressful for sure. There was a study of monkeys showing the larger the troop, the more stress the lower echelons of the troop experienced.

To exist in modern society is to constantly be inescapably on a lower rung of a large hierarchy.

That's why meditation or stress reduction techniques need to be taught in school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Interesting article in the guardian today about the impact of LSD on the brain.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/apr/11/lsd-impact-brain-revealed-groundbreaking-images

jester77 wrote: »

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/apr/11/lsd-impact-brain-revealed-groundbreaking-images

It's getting a bit space age. Is it virtual reality do you reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

chrissb8 wrote: »
    I do drugs. Personally from my point of view they have helped me see things in a different light and think on things completely differently. Doing an hallucinogenic was what cracked my mind in a good way. I thought on a deeper level I started seeing life in a non serious manner and something to enjoy and generally just stopped sweating small stuff because we're all going to die and nothing we do will make sure we're remembered and everything is just temporary. Your job, your youth and this life. Once I saw things like that my mind just "cracked" as I said and I started seeing things in that perspective. I also had some incredible conversations with friends and people in general. I had some of the realest talks in my life on drugs you may call it talking nonsense but I call talking about the weather for a solid 5 mins as pure s**t talk.So yeah that's what drugs did for me. I'm incredibly thankful and just wanted to share a flip side story to the OP post.

As a personal opinion I think drugs are great but should always be respected. Of course there is a big risk taking them but a big reward. I would never have anything bad to say to anyone who doesn't do them and would never think less of anyone for someone doing them. Moderation as always is the key if you're going to do drugs.

Here are some of comments from the Guardian article, pretty funny and good descriptions of the bizarre stuff that happens on acid.

Back_International 5h ago
    I watched my head explode in a mirror then reform

Bellas1 Bac
    Circa 1974, I found a whole Universe in a friend's bedroom wallchip paper.

Roostercogburn
    My jaw dropped in the mirror like one of those Monty Python cartoons. Proper weird, didn't stop me staring at it for ages though.

BetaWorld
    Bright green eyes made of a trillion laser snakes. Corners of the room point inwards and Jimi Hendrix has a smell. Who would have guessed? (1980s... checking in.)

GazHat
    I was tasting colour after dropping 3 Dancing Test Tubes in '93. And I also heard a radiator bend on a wall....

Bellas1
    Me and my chum walking up the main street in our Afghan coats (god did they stink but we thought we were so cool) laughing hysterically. I was eating a curly wurly and as I pulled on it (if you've ever had one you'll understand), it stretched out the length of the street and thousands of stars were exploding from it and popping in my mouth. (1970s...)

marcolo
    I looked at the moon and it decided to come down and try and kill me filling the whole sky. After a night of fighting off horned demons and no sleep I went to school the next day and sat and watched my Latin teacher's head getting bigger and smaller. That was the only cool part

MattyTwo
    Once as I lay on my back tripping, I could feel the shift of the planet. From this I could calculate and predict the movements of everything in the our universe.

Then I notice that some of the outer bodies were out of position and that they were encoding a binary message to me. The message was that I wasn't a human but a whale and the vibration was the water racing past me.

I cannot ever remember being more at peace than that moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Acids ****ed up. Heroin or similiar opiates are the ultimate high it's having an orgasm all over your body is tingly & warm & you safe & relaxed. Golden brown lays me down with my mind she runs, through out the night no need to fight never a frown with golden brown. with golden brown.

jester77 wrote: »

One of the comments (re the brain scans) said "lots of orange".

I thought "Kool"!

Kesey would have grokked that.

Maybe he still can.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Wouldn't it be mad if we were all on acid trips now & just forget we took them, go back & check the pages someone & see if said we'd all take some. I can't do it the ****ing lizard says I can't go into another thread.

Yeah, let's time travel back to the early seventies.

"There will be snags, Gerry. ... ..... .... .... ."

Oh, how we laughed.

Not your ornery onager

Most of the drugs mentioned here - acid included - are not sedatives, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. It sounds like youre trying to throw acid trippers into the same group as street addicts who use drugs as escapism.

You mention modern culture like mndless TV and consumerism - what's the comparison between these and and hallocengic usage?

Going on holiday for city breaks to experience foreign cultures and museums is also a part of modern culture.

Most of the drugs mentioned here - acid included - are not sedatives, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. It sounds like youre trying to throw acid trippers into the same group as street addicts who use drugs as escapism.

You mention modern culture like mndless TV and consumerism - what's the comparison between these and and hallocengic usage?

Going on holiday for city breaks to experience foreign cultures and museums is also a part of modern culture.
    Add your reply here.
    Maybe so. Distraction I probably mean more so I suppose. Is reality a bit mundane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Jayop wrote: »
    Acid is the only drug I'd believe a personality change on one dose. Mental drug

I watched a few videos on people using legal drugs (bath salts etc).

That sh!t is some of the scariest stuff I've seen. One dose and it can change your personality as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I abused every substance from a-z in my time, everything in the illegal bracket and as many in the legal-prescription bracket as I could get my hands on.

When I started using alcohol and drugs my whole personality changed from introvert to extrovert. I fell in love instantly. Party after party for days on end with no sleep and practically living in the pubs. Heading out Friday and coming home like a train wreck on a Sunday night/Monday morning. Sure this was just a phase and I was going to grow out of it - what's the harm in an auld session now and again I thought to myself.

Problem was I seemed to be the only one who couldn't see how out of control I was. I never hurt anyone or got in a fight even. All my fighting was internal. I was lost and dead inside and using substances was the only way I could seem to numb these feelings. The problem though, was that only worked for a while and then I was back to reality again with the same feelings only worse than before + the added feelings of shame/guilt and self loathing after making a show of myself around the town again.

I lost jobs, relationships and nearly 500k to my addictions but I'm now in recovery and thank God I'm alive today.
    For me the old saying was so true "One is too many and a thousand is never enough". Not every one who uses a drug or takes a drink will become an addict, I know this because I know plenty of people for whom that's the case but I was an addict ever before taking my first pint or my first drug.

By the way for anyone wondering about those "legal highs" all I can say from experience is they are far more dangerous than any illegal substance I ever used so for any one out there using that ****e, please be careful.

• Advertisement

Add your reply here.
    Maybe so. Distraction I probably mean more so I suppose. Is reality a bit mundane?

The word I think you're looking for would be "escapist" but it's just as inaccurate because you're still trying to group all drugs and all drugs users in the same category.

NEW, apart from Dalymount Park, where is a good place to score?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    NEW, apart from Dalymount Park, where is a good place to score?

Coppers?

Coppers?
    Nice one! :)

Open goals don't count..

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Esel wrote: »
    where is a good place to score?
    #michaellamccollum ;):D

• Advertisement

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    #michaellamccollum ;):D

Cheap shot...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The habitual lsd use for three years may have left you vulnerable to mental issues, I think it could be a useful tool in psychotherapy but with guidance from a psychologist. Ironically it could be the legal highs that have caused some changes in your body however that may be causing a depression with a very physical source.

The systems that control the supply of neurotransmitters can be very fragile and if the balance is upset it could cause a lot of problems. If people had legal access to the much less toxic drugs like mdma then they wouldn't need to be ingesting these unknown cocktails and thus reduce their risk of harm.

There's a clinic in the city centre run by qualified psychiatrists who do testing for this kind of thing I can PM you the details if you like.

Seanachai wrote: »
    The habitual lsd use for three years may have left you vulnerable to mental issues, I think it could be a useful tool in psychotherapy but with guidance from a psychologist. Ironically it could be the legal highs that have caused some changes in your body however that may be causing a depression with a very physical source.

The systems that control the supply of neurotransmitters can be very fragile and if the balance is upset it could cause a lot of problems. If people had legal access to the much less toxic drugs like mdma then they wouldn't need to be ingesting these unknown cocktails and thus reduce their risk of harm.

There's a clinic in the city centre run by qualified psychiatrists who do testing for this kind of thing I can PM you the details if you like.

I think that's a roundabout way of saying: do the research before you take the drug.

Certainly, they're not for any person any time and you have to be careful with what you take and how frequently, but as the slogan from another drug supplier says, "enjoy, responsibly."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

OP, thanks for sharing your story! It's something I needed to read and it really hit a chord with me. Who knows, it's possible you could have saved someone with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

OP, I was thinking of you and this thread about the following story.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-gsvS1V8EGyYk9LME56dnlHZ1k/view

An Australian backpacker went missing from the international airport in Rio about 2.5 weeks ago.

If you go onto that link you can see the story progressing.

What seems to have happened him was buying what he thought was MDMA powder which wasn't. Then taking too much, he was also apparently inexperienced with drugs. Going crazy with paranoia, swimming out to an island of Copacabana beach and then drowning trying to get back.

Your story of just running trying to get away from everything and everyone seems very similar to what happened him.

I hadn't heard of anything like that before, I've never had paranoia that strong, but it seems to me what happened you has happened others.

tinpib wrote: »
    OP, I was thinking of you and this thread about the following story.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-gsvS1V8EGyYk9LME56dnlHZ1k/view

An Australian backpacker went missing from the international airport in Rio about 2.5 weeks ago.

If you go onto that link you can see the story progressing.

What seems to have happened him was buying what he thought was MDMA powder which wasn't. Then taking too much, he was also apparently inexperienced with drugs. Going crazy with paranoia, swimming out to an island of Copacabana beach and then drowning trying to get back.

Your story of just running trying to get away from everything and everyone seems very similar to what happened him.

I hadn't heard of anything like that before, I've never had paranoia that strong, but it seems to me what happened you has happened others.
    I saw that story and thought the same thing (I'm OP).. Very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

The fantastic drug policies based on "The War on Drugs" have ironically created a market for dangerous, unknown analogues.

I'm sure regular LSD can have an effect on you but in my experience it's the legal higgs that leave your head in a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Drugs are ****ed up. I used to use a fair bit when I was younger.

I used to smoke cannabis a fair bit when I was in my mid-teens. I remember being so paranoid one day that I was convinced that the Garda were going to raid my gaff. Every time a car drive by I jumped up thinking this was it.

I used ecstasy a lot in my late teens. Now that seriously messes your head. It's like being in the worst drinking horrors for days on end after using.

In my early 20s I used cocaine but never really had much issue with it. It was a short term hit with not much of a skag afterwards.

I eventually just fell out of love with drugs. I just wasn't interested in doing it to myself anymore. It took me years for my brainpower to return to normal again though.

Regular drug users fail to realise that they are illogical and thick as ****. I was thick as **** for years and took me 5-6 years of not using drugs regularly to finally return to normal.

There are regular drug users that have an inflated opinion of themselves and think what they are doing is not effecting them negatively. Quess what? That is the drugs talking. You are thick, deluded and nobody that matters respects you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I'm not going to read through this whole thread to see of this has been mentioned b4 OP, but I read lately that certain forms of meditation can actually trigger brain cell multiplication and regrowth.

Mindfulness will also put your head in a better place.

Diet might also help... brain food

just in case you hadn't thought of these before! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

That head shop stuff was worse than any illegal high. It really messed people up including myself for a while. The paranoia off it was crazy and the manic nature of it. A combo of that and acid was never going to end well as acid is one crazy ass sh1t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I'm not going to read through this whole thread to see of this has been mentioned b4 OP, but I read lately that certain forms of meditation can actually trigger brain cell multiplication and regrowth.

Mindfulness will also put your head in a better place.

Diet might also help... brain food

just in case you hadn't thought of these before! :)

Meditation is great for some people but if you tend to have high dopamine it can be detrimental as meditation has been shown to increase this neurotransmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Theshaman147

Like many have stated previously i share little sympathy for those who use drugs especially psychedelics without A. having a prior understating or B. Who use drugs especially psychedelics for recreation. This post is going to be a final attempt at clarifying and clearing up all the misinformation that has just been posted.

Sadly most people that post/posted on this thread do not have any-knowledge of pharmacology/psychopharmacology. I am making this assumption for the main reason that many posts are ridiculous one user had previously mentioned M.D.M.A and depression? FACE PALM! MDMA and acid(Lysergic acid diethylamide) Have far different biological functions. (Different pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics.) I am not even going to get into this as I could write pages about there different methods of affecting our pharmacology. To be frank if you could not be bothered looking this up and you are worried/thinking about your welfare please get out of here.

First of all since l.s.d is illegal and you most likely bought it off some fool you can not be sure of what the blotter/stamp/sugar cube contrains and sadly you did not use some sort of test kit Eg ehrlics/marquis reagent. So we cannot be certain exactly what the substance was. 2c I substituted phenethylamines were rampant at the time and still are. Anyway, I digress my main point is you can be certain it was lysergic acid diethylamide.

Let us get to the meat of the question. You are saying it shifted your perception/consciousness. To a state that you are uncomfortable with. Well what the hell did you expect. Lysergamides are some of the most potent psychedelics in the world and you though you could take it recreationaly. **** me that is what happens when you play with fire. Psychedelics are powerfull tools and if used responsibly they really can be beneficial. Some said that you can only do it 20 times in your life without loosing your marbles. Get the Fxxk out of here please that is nonsense. Maybe if you have a pre existing disposition to a mental illness Such as schizophrenia or psychosis then maybe that statement has an element of truth but otherwise it is utter stupidity.

Psychedelics especially of this class tend to dissolve the ego. It was probably your previous ego that had you being so confident and so up your own ass. Unfortunately since you never did any prior research and just wanted to get off the box you did not understand/relaize this destruction of the ego. Unfortunately when the ego is dissolved it has to be built back up/or does it? it is never going to rearrange itself into the way of which it was originally shaped. Just like folding of proteins. This unlike the pharmacology is incredibly subjective and it is hard to find objective/factual information about consciousness. With time I believe we will gain a greater appreciation for it and are knowledge of it shall grow.

So, I apologize for this post not having a sharp point per say. But there is a clear underlying message do research and begin to learn more about yourself. Its incredible how much our ego/prejudice can blind us about how we really feel. I believe that know you are in a great position to develop yourself and to understand who you truly are. I also am sorry for being snarky towards people in this thread. I realize that you are just trying to help. Sometimes though miss/disinformation can really be damaging to the truth.

Please everyone do not talk about something if you do not have a solid grasp in it otherwise you are just contributing to the argument of why drugs especially psychedelics are bad/should be illegal. Just look up ibogaine and D.M.T based brews like ayuascha and tae and how they are important for many tribes/cultures around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Like many have stated previously i share little sympathy for those who use drugs especially psychedelics without A. having a prior understating or B. Who use drugs especially psychedelics for recreation. This post is going to be a final attempt at clarifying and clearing up all the misinformation that has just been posted.

Sadly most people that post/posted on this thread do not have any-knowledge of pharmacology/psychopharmacology. I am making this assumption for the main reason that many posts are ridiculous one user had previously mentioned M.D.M.A and depression? FACE PALM! MDMA and acid(Lysergic acid diethylamide) Have far different biological functions. (Different pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics.) I am not even going to get into this as I could write pages about there different methods of affecting our pharmacology. To be frank if you could not be bothered looking this up and you are worried/thinking about your welfare please get out of here.

First of all since l.s.d is illegal and you most likely bought it off some fool you can not be sure of what the blotter/stamp/sugar cube contrains and sadly you did not use some sort of test kit Eg ehrlics/marquis reagent. So we cannot be certain exactly what the substance was. 2c I substituted phenethylamines were rampant at the time and still are. Anyway, I digress my main point is you can be certain it was lysergic acid diethylamide.

Let us get to the meat of the question. You are saying it shifted your perception/consciousness. To a state that you are uncomfortable with. Well what the hell did you expect. Lysergamides are some of the most potent psychedelics in the world and you though you could take it recreationaly. **** me that is what happens when you play with fire. Psychedelics are powerfull tools and if used responsibly they really can be beneficial. Some said that you can only do it 20 times in your life without loosing your marbles. Get the Fxxk out of here please that is nonsense. Maybe if you have a pre existing disposition to a mental illness Such as schizophrenia or psychosis then maybe that statement has an element of truth but otherwise it is utter stupidity.

Psychedelics especially of this class tend to dissolve the ego. It was probably your previous ego that had you being so confident and so up your own ass. Unfortunately since you never did any prior research and just wanted to get off the box you did not understand/relaize this destruction of the ego. Unfortunately when the ego is dissolved it has to be built back up/or does it? it is never going to rearrange itself into the way of which it was originally shaped. Just like folding of proteins. This unlike the pharmacology is incredibly subjective and it is hard to find objective/factual information about consciousness. With time I believe we will gain a greater appreciation for it and are knowledge of it shall grow.

So, I apologize for this post not having a sharp point per say. But there is a clear underlying message do research and begin to learn more about yourself. Its incredible how much our ego/prejudice can blind us about how we really feel. I believe that know you are in a great position to develop yourself and to understand who you truly are. I also am sorry for being snarky towards people in this thread. I realize that you are just trying to help. Sometimes though miss/disinformation can really be damaging to the truth.

Please everyone do not talk about something if you do not have a solid grasp in it otherwise you are just contributing to the argument of why drugs especially psychedelics are bad/should be illegal. Just look up ibogaine and D.M.T based brews like ayuascha and tae and how they are important for many tribes/cultures around the world.

Jesus that post is rude and all over the place. I suspect you believe in some doors of perception bùllshìt. Drugs get you off your head , no need for the pretentious woo woo. Some people get fùcked up , thems the breaks. Legalisation and quality control might help. People don't know if they have a predisposition to mental illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Theshaman147

Mark tapley. Whats up man yeah I do agree with your points it is rude and yes it is a bit all over the shop so apologies on my part. As previously stated I am angry at how people are posting without a clue and thus furthering misconceptions around drugs (Psychedelics)
    Yes it is all over the place but I was attempting to cover as many bases as possible. We should not act upon our emotions but sometimes it is har.

Sadly the last point of your argument has pretty much nullified it. We know now that mental illness is hereditary. So in turn if someone in your family has a mental illness there is a good chance that you are also predisposed to it also. The only time that this information would not be available is if you were adopted and did not know your family personally. Although you are slightly right to a certain degree. Mental illness may have lied dormant in past family member ad you may not be aware. Chances are thought that you will be able to find out the more you look through your family tree.

Also, Could you please elaborate on doors of perception. I am unaware of its meaning. Yes also you are correct legalization certainly would allow for a more educated society which would help the cause.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Some said that you can only do it 20 times in your life without loosing your marbles. Get the Fxxk out of here please that is nonsense.

I said that, saying 'to some extent' and I stand over that statement due to many experiences of people who have used drugs. I don't know anyone who's ended up in a psychiatric ward permanently because of drugs but I know dozens who aren't doing as well in life as they could have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Mark tapley. Whats up man yeah I do agree with your points it is rude and yes it is a bit all over the shop so apologies on my part. As previously stated I am angry at how people are posting without a clue and thus furthering misconceptions around drugs (Psychedelics)
    Yes it is all over the place but I was attempting to cover as many bases as possible. We should not act upon our emotions but sometimes it is har.

Sadly the last point of your argument has pretty much nullified it. We know now that mental illness is hereditary. So in turn if someone in your family has a mental illness there is a good chance that you are also predisposed to it also. The only time that this information would not be available is if you were adopted and did not know your family personally. Although you are slightly right to a certain degree. Mental illness may have lied dormant in past family member ad you may not be aware. Chances are thought that you will be able to find out the more you look through your family tree.

Also, Could you please elaborate on doors of perception. I am unaware of its meaning. Yes also you are correct legalization certainly would allow for a more educated society which would help the cause.

It is only relatively recently that mental health issues have been recognised and diagnosed amongst the general public When I was growing up someone with depression would most likely just be considered a bit of a misery.
    The Doors of Perception is a book by Aldous Huxley relating his experience with mescaline. Huxley believed it could expand consciousness. My belief is people read too much into drug related experiences. They fade in the light of day and are of no practical use. If there was great knowledge to be gained where is it? A friend once spend hours talking about the wonder of a combustion engine. It was tedious to be honest.
    A critical sober consideration of yourself would give more insight.
    Drugs can be fun that's why people take them but the chances are you were talking bolløx all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

I haven't the time to go through the whole of this thread and just reading the last few, twisted my head further... IS there any ibogaine, Ayahuasca, or any of those types for withdrawal available from a safe and repeated party in Ireland it's self?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Regular drug users fail to realise that they are illogical and thick as ****. I was thick as **** for years and took me 5-6 years of not using drugs regularly to finally return to normal.

There are regular drug users that have an inflated opinion of themselves and think what they are doing is not effecting them negatively. Quess what? That is the drugs talking. You are thick, deluded and nobody that matters respects you.
    Drug users have an inflated opinion of themselves? After that post with nothing but generalisations that's a bit rich. If you ended up thick using drugs that's your issue and your experience isn't the same as everyone else experience.
    There's a problem there. Without trying the drug you can't really form much of an opinion on what it will do to you.
    This problem is caused more so by the law than the drug itself. If we force it into a black market the quality is going to be questionable, that problem would be completely eliminated in the drug was legalised. So it's a moot point.
    Let us get to the meat of the question. You are saying it shifted your perception/consciousness. To a state that you are uncomfortable with. Well what the hell did you expect.
    People don't use drugs to end up in a state they are uncomfortable with. They don't use drugs to end up homeless on the streets. Most people use drug because they're fun, that's the first and most common reason anyone uses drug recreationally. Sometimes it can go wrong, but that's not a desirable outcome.
    Psychedelics especially of this class tend to dissolve the ego. It was probably your previous ego that had you being so confident and so up your own ass. Unfortunately since you never did any prior research and just wanted to get off the box you did not understand/relaize this destruction of the ego. Unfortunately when the ego is dissolved it has to be built back up/or does it? it is never going to rearrange itself into the way of which it was originally shaped.
    This may have been your experience but it hasn't been mine. Your putting to much emphasis on your own experience and not accepting that your experience may be radically different to someone elses.

But how can someone develop any kind of grasp without talking about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

It's always great to learn from other people's bad experiences.

When I was in first year my school had this fella come down from Dublin to talk about his experiences on drugs and what it did to his life.

I swear that talk had a hugely positive effect on my life. It scared me the **** off drugs.

LOL I did one of those talks in a secondary school recently, in my case though it was alcohol, not drugs. The principal told me the kids probably learned more from my story than they could ever hope to teach them in 6 years in the school! :) Some of them were even crying by the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I cant understand why somebody would want to take drugs like that? what goes through your head? Like not to promote alcohol and weed but do you need that much more fun than them..both provide a release...and don't **** you up for life

Advertisement