Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSG and Ligue 1 - clearest winners ever?

• 02-04-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭

I was just checking out the results, and see that PSG won, again.

They are now 25pts clear of Monaco in 2nd and have a GD of +63, whereas Monaco's GD is +11.

Just wondering, has any team ever won a major Euro league by such a margin before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

NIMAN wrote: »
    I was just checking out the results, and see that PSG won, again.

They are now 25pts clear of Monaco in 2nd and have a GD of +63, whereas Monaco's GD is +11.

Just wondering, has any team ever won a major Euro league by such a margin before?

Been dominant beyond belief this season, Zlatan has just been amazing, really hope this is their year in europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Celtic won by 29 pts in Scotland 2 seasons ago, Bayern won by 25 in 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

PSG look like they could break those two records before the season is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

You would have to question any top player who moves there in the prime of their career, especially if it's from one of the big four leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Speak Now wrote: »
    Celtic won by 29 pts in Scotland 2 seasons ago, Bayern won by 25 in 2013.

Major wouldn't include Scotland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

GreNoLi wrote: »
    You would have to question any top player who moves there in the prime of their career, especially if it's from one of the big four leagues.

PSG are a better team than any PL side. I'm not sure why you would question a player moving to a better team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Good chance of winning the champions league and guaranteed to be in the champions league every season and get to live in a nice part of the world.Decent league with good crowds every week as well.Sounds fairly attractive.

I'd say an extremely high percentage of players only care about making as much money as possible for themselves and having a good time so unlike what most fans would like to think (myself included) I doubt they care about their legacy in the game or giving themselves a more difficult challenge week in week out, if that was the case more players would choose to be the main man at a smaller club rather than just be part of the team at a big club.

glued wrote: »
    PSG are a better team than any PL side. I'm not sure why you would question a player moving to a better team.

PSG are better than the anything in the premiership but their competition is sparse to say the least, will be an interesting match against city, I expect city to run them close if not knock them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Considering the startling fact that the cost of the PSG squad is more than that of all the other teams in Ligue 1 combined its no surprise that they are walking away with the league.
    Money is ruining football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Dont really agree with this, granted the league is a little weaker but its not far below current seria a, plus he was leaving a Milan side that were only going down and he was going to get payed massive money to play for a team thats world reputation was on the way up and well he now lives in Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Considering the startling fact that the cost of the PSG squad is more than that of all the other teams in Ligue 1 combined its no surprise that they are walking away with the league.
    Money is ruining football.

Well that's funny because last time I checked Leicester and Spurs were the top 2 in the PL. Only possible because of the money from the TV deal that they have. City have as much resources as PSG and are coming 4th in their league.

PSG have used the money that they have quite well. Some signings that people were complaining about the money spent such as the Thiago Silva and the Zlatan deals but have these players not been value for them? Looking at some of the other CBs/strikers that have moved for big money recently I'm not sure that a case can be made for them not having spent well, even though it's been extravagant. Monaco would be the other end of this spectrum.

Where would ligue 1 be ranked in terms of overall ability?

At the best fifth, at the worst eighth or ninth even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Where would ligue 1 be ranked in terms of overall ability?

At the best fifth, at the worst eighth or ninth even.

And why would a footballer care about the ability of the other teams? As long as PSG are one of the best teams in Europe they will always attract the top players. They're a lot of weak teams in the Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A too. The PL is clumped with a lot of mediocre inconsistent teams with no viability of winning in Europe for the next few years. PSG would be an attractive option for most footballers.

It just sickens me to see one of my favourite players, Pastore, invariably start on the bench.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I forgot it was every players dream to play in a league where you play with poorer players, less chance of winning the champs league, have to scrap with **** teams.

No one seems to shít on Bayern much.

Let's compare them to PSG.

Both will be champions 4 years in a row after this year.

Bayern last 4 years have won by 5 - 10 - 19 - 25. Average winning margin of 14.7.

PSG last 4 years have won by 25 - 8 - 9 - 12. Average winning margin of 13.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

PSG needs to be moved to another league.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

If they do, so do Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Players go where the money is, and who can blame them, careers are short and full of risk.

A lot of players where happy to join bottom of the league QPR a few years back, cos they paid better than the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bayern are only 5 points clear, anyway move PSG to Germany and that would boost the race for the title hugely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

European super league ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement