Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus 2009 losing power and making engine sounds

Options
  • 02-04-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi There,

I have seen many posts about Ford Focus' losing power but none have described my situation so far. I have just bought a 2009 1.6tdci Zetec model focus in NI and brought it through to Ireland.

I started experience a loss of power last week when driving on the motorway, somewhere between 120km and 140km and about 30 mins into the drive. When I had my foot on the accelerator the car was sort of stuttering along (Say losing power then regaining it quickly) so I dropped my speed to around 80km and it was still happening but not just as bad. There was also a loud squeaky sound from the engine when I touched the accelerator. I drove at around 80km for no more than 5 minutes and it came back to life. The stuttering stopped and the noises from the engine stopped.

I had planned to get the Timing belt done on the car this week so I got my local mechanic to have a look at the whole engine and give it a full service when he was doing that. He says the Turbo looks perfect and nothing else out of the ordinary. Of course he took it for a drive and it was driving perfect.

Since I have got the car back it has happened twice again. Same noises and symptoms. I have seen some comments about a DPF but I'm not sure was this checked. The car also wasn't plugged into any computer but I have been in contact with the mechanic and he says he will do it next week.

Has anyone ever had similar scenario? If so would love to hear of any solutions. Quite worried about my first car..

Thanks

Advertisement