Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell Koi?

Options
  • 03-04-2016 10:19am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My mother has several very large Koi - about 7 that are 12" or more - she's had them since I was a child. She now needs to get rid of them -what's the best way to try to sell these? She always talks about how they are worth lots of money - is this really the case, how do we value/price them?

I'll try to get some photos taken and post back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

They may have cost a lot to buy, but wouldn't be worth much when selling them on. Problem is that it's a very small market for Koi in Ireland.

You could try advertising on www.irishfishforum.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

If they were genuine japanese koi, perhaps, but you generally don't have those in any sort of abundance here. The koi available here are usually sub €50 for fully grown ones. I usually offer to rehome fish in my pond, but I don't have much space left for larger ones, as I already have a couple of larger koi. Where in Dublin are you? I might pay some small money for 1, or 2, because I was planning to buy some small lads this weekend, or next from the petshop.

Advertisement