Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone network in ROI and NI?

Options
  • 03-04-2016 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if I posted it in the right section, if not, sorry.

I have a question regarding the mobile phone network in the ROI and NI. I used to live in the ROI but have since moved back home. I do still have my SIM card with some credit on it and it still works. I'll be heading back to the ROI for a holiday in a few weeks. We'll be visiting NI too for a few days and I'd also like to be able to use the internet there. I tried finding a way to use both 3g/4g in the ROI and in NI on the same SIM but I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm on the three network, by the way.

Is there anyone here who can help me or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

phoenixx90 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if I posted it in the right section, if not, sorry.

I have a question regarding the mobile phone network in the ROI and NI. I used to live in the ROI but have since moved back home. I do still have my SIM card with some credit on it and it still works. I'll be heading back to the ROI for a holiday in a few weeks. We'll be visiting NI too for a few days and I'd also like to be able to use the internet there. I tried finding a way to use both 3g/4g in the ROI and in NI on the same SIM but I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm on the three network, by the way.

Is there anyone here who can help me or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

If you are using a Three Ireland pay as you go sim and top up by €20, you can get all you can eat data in both ROI and NI I believe.

Otherwise you will be charged per Mbyte used of data in both jurisdictions

You will not get 4G data roaming in NI on a Three Ireland sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 phoenixx90

If you are using a Three Ireland pay as you go sim and top up by €20, you can get all you can eat data in both ROI and NI I believe.

Oh really? That's great news! Is there anyone who can confirm this?
    I don't necessarily need 4g, 3g is good enough for me (or really, any kind will do, haha) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 phoenixx90

I just googled around for a bit and found this. Is this what you meant?
    https://apps.three.ie/roaming/pages/display/three-like-home

It says down the middle that anyone who uses all you can eat data (on prepaid?) gets 2gb in any of the countries mentioned below. So I suppose you're right, then, no? Or am I completely misunderstanding what they actually mean?

Advertisement