Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Tips&Tricks (incl baggage-drop;connecting-flight & terminal-info)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

I travel regular also but was not aware fastpass...
    Is it on daa site?

Fast Track. Here you go:

https://www.dublinairport.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Fast Track. Here you go:

Do you need a printer for fast pass? I printed out tickets at home and flying in the morning so no printer right now. Would consider fast pass if can use my mobile phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

You can use your mobile phone no problem with Fast Pass.

Thank you, just booked it there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Fast Track. Here you go:

thanks

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if back window seat on ryanair very bad?
    A person travelling with me a few years ago said seat rear on
    Easyjet crooket because of curve at rear of plane.
    There are only a few seats left available but at least at the back
    i will not be surrounded by kids.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cobham

Back seats exactly same... my favourite spot.... In out via back door
    often option if check in late with unreserved seat

cobham wrote: »

Thanks for that... there are only a few places left to buy and i never bought a seat but i would hate to buy and possibly be in worse situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

cobham wrote: »

Plus you wont have the problem of some asshat inexplicably kicking the back of your seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Don't be in a hurry to get on the plane. Its not leaving without you.

Don't be a hurry to get off the plane. You are just going to spend time at a luggage carousal.

Be the last on and the last off.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Heckler wrote: »
    Don't be in a hurry to get on the plane. Its not leaving without you.

Don't be a hurry to get off the plane. You are just going to spend time at a luggage carousal.

Be the last on and the last off.

Had to explain that to my father last week. Makes life easier on an older person - sit and wait till the queue gets short and then walk out to the plane. Same getting off - especially as we only had carry on luggage so there was no real rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

If you have hand luggage only being first off is always good.

I was in row 12 on LH so I got off fairly quickly but was standing at the carousel for 20 mins. It's still better than being stuck on the plane for that time though. If you're sitting near the back on an A321 at an airbridge it can take a long time to get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Last off is never a good option imho.

For first off a Ryanair, Row 1 is your only man. The middle is a disaster.

And if you're heading for a queue for immigration first off can save serious time in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Greendaisy

I will be travelling to Turkey next month and I will be taking 2 bags each 24kg approx.
    Dublin to Heathrow is Aer Lingus and Heathrow to Turkey is British Airways. Both flights have BA flight numbers.

I called BA and they said even though I had BA allowance I would have to pay Aer Lingus fees. I then called Aer Lingus and the guy I was chatting to said €40 for the extra bag. He said he could only book it on as far as Heathrow and that it would be better to book it on at the airport all the way to Ankara. Honestly, he did not fill me with confidence and I am wary of getting charged per kilo at the airport.

I am just wondering if anyone had ever brought an extra bag on Aer Lingus?

I called BA and he said that BA baggage allowance but Aer Lingus baggage fees. Aer Lingus seemed to "fob me off".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Surly BA could add the bag even with fees?? I'd be asking BA to make this amendment as it's a BA itinerary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

You get a standard 23kg bag for free and Aer Lingus will respect this at check in

You need to talk to BA to get the allowance sorted, Aer Lingus will check in what ever the booking says to check in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

what am i missing here?
    can you not just log in on the BA website and add an extra bag to what is a BA journey ?

• Advertisement

BA said that I have their allowance but Aer Lingus needs to add the bag and charge the fees because they are "carrying" it. I spoke to them both again this morning and I am feeling so annoyed by the lack of clarity.
    I can't add anything on the BA website (I tried). BA said it is because the whole flight is not operated by BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

so much for codeshares :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

so much for codeshares :(

I booked flights on the Lufthansa website last year, Swiss outbound and Lufthansa return. I went for the Economy Classic fare which included seat reservation and a checked bag. However it turned out after I went on to the next step that this was only for the Lufthansa flight. I expected that it would be for the Swiss flight as well considering that not only do they codeshare but they are both part of the Lufthansa Group. I had to pay €15 per bag, which is cheap to be fair.

At least it was clear before I paid but I had thought that the baggage allowance of the airline you book with should apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Did you buy both flights on the one ticket, you are probably ok, or did you buy the flights seperately, then there will probably be a charge

Both flights BA flight codes.... It's a BA ticket but an Aer Lingus bag..... a dose!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

BA sold you the ticket here so they should really be dealing with this, and have the capabilities to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

No, I don't think that's true. If you read the T&Cs, it says that other airlines may have different T&Cs and you have to abide by those. I got caught with this before. But the OP is right - it's completely not transparent, as can be seen from the differing experiences on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Contact BA on twitter
    Explain you have a one PNR through booked trip to Turkey booked on BA and that Aer lingus want money for the bags on the DuB LHR segment

See how you get on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cobham

My daughter was going AL a few years ago and was to be away for year so we paid for second suitcase. We did not realise that this extra bag did not give her an additional weight allowance so there were tears at airport at 5 30 am and no credit card to pay up extra fees. Just an extra input....apologies if off topic

Advertisement