If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV + Sound bar combo

Options
  • 03-04-2016 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

My wife and I just moved back to Ireland and we need to buy our home entertainment stuff pretty much from scratch, I've been having trouble sorting through the ridiculous number of options available but think I've approximately settled on a TV and probably a soundbar, and you guys seem to have a good price on each

For the TV, I wanted 50 or 55" with 4K resolution. 
    We weren't pushed on curved screens or 3D but wouldn't discount TVs with either feature either - I settled on the Samsung UE55JU6400 which you guys currently have listed at 999 EUR

For a Soundbar, my first thought was to get a Samsung also, one of the HW-J6xxx series, but then I saw you have the offer on the Monitor Audio ASB2B - if there were any left at the lower £299 price it seems to be a no-brainer

Anything else you'd recommend instead of those? I can go a little higher on the TV if it's noticably better, but the 6400 seemed the best value at that price point when I looked around

Are there some of the £299 ASB2Bs left? If not, what would you recommend in a similar price range?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Hey folks,

My wife and I just moved back to Ireland and we need to buy our home entertainment stuff pretty much from scratch, I've been having trouble sorting through the ridiculous number of options available but think I've approximately settled on a TV and probably a soundbar, and you guys seem to have a good price on each

For the TV, I wanted 50 or 55" with 4K resolution. 
    We weren't pushed on curved screens or 3D but wouldn't discount TVs with either feature either - I settled on the Samsung UE55JU6400 which you guys currently have listed at 999 EUR

For a Soundbar, my first thought was to get a Samsung also, one of the HW-J6xxx series, but then I saw you have the offer on the Monitor Audio ASB2B - if there were any left at the lower £299 price it seems to be a no-brainer

Anything else you'd recommend instead of those? I can go a little higher on the TV if it's noticably better, but the 6400 seemed the best value at that price point when I looked around

Are there some of the £299 ASB2Bs left? If not, what would you recommend in a similar price range?
    Hi  Ste.phen.

Thanks for getting in touch.

The JU6400 range from Samsung are every nice indeed, well spec'd and well reviewed.
    However at the moment the 55JU6400 is unavailable to purchase online and would need collected from the Belfast store.

You could perhaps also look at the Panasonic 55CX680 priced at 949.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201325-viera-tx55cx680b.aspx

On the soundbar I would 100% go for the Monitor Audio ASB2B. At the discounted price it is a steal :)

Let me know what you think on the TV front.

Any other questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Thanks for the reply; I do have a preference for Samsung if possible, but I'll also check out the specs on that Panasonic - 
    If I bump the budget a bit, do you have the Samsung UE55JU6800 in stock for delivery?  (and is there anything significantly different about it that would make it a poor choice?)

If I want to get that TV (or the panasonic, but leaning towards the Samsung) and sound bar - will I get the discounted price if i call, or will I need one of you folks who post on Boards to set it up for me?

Hi Ste.phen

Kenny is off today but maybe I can help. If you would like me to give you a call just send me a reply or a PM with your number and I can process that for you with the prices Kenny has been quoting. Similarly if you want to call the store just ask for myself or Kenny (Kenny will be back tomorrow) and we can sort it out for you.

Many thanks

David

Grand - I have meetings now so won't get a chance to call before you close today, but I'll call tomorrow and set it up with one of you guys, thanks!

• Advertisement

No problem, speak to you then!

Just wanted to drop a note to let you know both have arrived save and sound; thanks for your help!

Once I get these set up, looks like they're both going to treat us well :)

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Just wanted to drop a note to let you know both have arrived save and sound; thanks for your help!

Once I get these set up, looks like they're both going to treat us well :)
    Hi Ste.phen,

Thanks for your message, glad it got to you ok! Enjoy and if you need anything else give us a shout!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.