Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMOH 10K Road Race 03/06/2016 7:00 p.m

Options
  • 03-04-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Race Website
    Course
    Last Years Thread
    Online Entry
    Facebook

B.M.O.H are hosting their annual 10K road race and 5K Family Run/Walk again this year in Sixmilebridge, Co. Clare on Friday the 3rd of June 2016 @ 7:00 pm.

Registration will open later this week. A special commemorative mug for the first 200 registered.

More details to follow.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 5 votes

5 Star (Excellent)
    0% 0 votes
    4 Star (Good)
    100% 5 votes
    3 Star (Average)
    0% 0 votes
    2 Star (Poor)
    0% 0 votes
    1 Star (Terrible)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Please note we have changed the start time for the race until the later time of 7:00 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Great race last year. Not enough Friday evening races in this part of the country in my opinion. Bagged a PB as well too... Very fair course, gently rising on the way out and falling home, apart from one blip half a mile from home. Gonna enter early and get my mug, might make up for missing Ballycotton somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Highway patrolman

Hi Ger is there changing rooms? Thinking of doing it but would be on the way home from work?
    Also is there a team category?
    Thanks

Hi Ger is there changing rooms? Thinking of doing it but would be on the way home from work?
    Also is there a team category?
    Thanks

Yes on both counts. Changing faculties in the GAA at the start/finish line. No showers.

• Advertisement

Perfect thanks, will be there will try and get some of the lads out for a team.

Online Registration Closes this afternoon at 17:00.
    Registration
    You can however register at St Finnachta's School between 6 pm and 8 pm this evening or tomorrow before the race between 17:30 and 18:45 sharp. If you are going to be stuck for time tomorrow evening please register online or this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Good chance I'll make this. ...
    Wanted to do it for a couple of years now but something always got in the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Might see ye there. If I've enough time, should make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭inthehole1

Going to make this aswell
    Very well organised event.hopefully it will have cooled down a bit tomorrow by the time we reach that little hill at the end

• Advertisement

As per usual we will have pacers at the following time slots 40/45/50/55 and 60 minutes.

Well, I made a right sh1te of that one 😀

Was already writing myself off on the way down saying how fooked I was with all the yawning I was doing. Went off behind 40 min pacer and when I hit 5k in 20.10 I said to myself it's only gonna get worse.

I switched off from 5k to 6k totally and when I saw he wasn't out of sight I dug in a bit... ran well enough the next few k but the effort getting back on track had me in a bit of a heap...
    That final hill was the death of me and I threw in the towel as I ground to a halt for a few seconds.. A lad passed me I I tried to wish him well but I don't know if anything came out of my mouth 😊
    Another lad came along and got me going again although it was just a jog finish 😀

The race itself and registration were all spot on but I hadn't time to get grub as I was in a bit of a hurry home....

Excellent value club race... I'll give it another shot again 😀

Forgot to add time. ... 40::40 or there abouts. ... I think. ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Was going that fellas looking at me with a familiar look but wasn't sure if it was you. Yellow top?

I had an absolute stinker anyway. Felt decent for the first 3k although I knew I wasn't going to break 40 when the pacer caught me and I popped just after that marker but wasn't expecting to shed minutes over the rest of the race, legs didn't have it at all and I ended up coming in around 44 flat:eek: and devoid of any energy which makes no sense to me. Only myself to blame but found the race top notch on organisation and will be back hopefully in better form, that last K and a half was tough going but thought the course was fair overall.

El Caballo wrote: »
    Was going that fellas looking at me with a familiar look but wasn't sure if it was you. Yellow top?

I had an absolute stinker anyway. Felt decent for the first 3k although I knew I wasn't going to break 40 when the pacer caught me and I popped just after that marker but wasn't expecting to shed minutes over the rest of the race, legs didn't have it at all and I ended up coming in around 44 flat:eek: and devoid of any energy which makes no sense to me. Only myself to blame but found the race top notch on organisation and will be back hopefully in better form, that last K and a half was tough going but thought the course was fair overall.

Yellow portumna top... I was looking at everybody that way wondering if they were from here :D:D

We should have arranged to meet beforehand or something, I do be looking around like a numpty before races looking for people who I have never met before :D:D

Met a lad afterwards who was right with the pacer. The pacer told him he would be pushing on a small bit to bank a little time for later. By right I should have talked to him beforehand to see how he would play it...

Not to put out by it now though, I have another 10k coming up.... I'll get more focused for this one hopefully... :)

Provisional Results can be found here

Great race, found the conditions tough tho, the heat was savage.
    Fair play to the 40 min pacer he caught me at about 4.5 miles, and helped me home, got in just under the 40.
    Serious spread of grub after, I couldn't hang around but I'd say no one went home hungry!
    In fairness as road races go, it's exactly how they should be run.

Advertisement