Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcoming Social and public speaking anxiety

Options
  • 03-04-2016 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All

I am a 26 year old male that has suffered with social anxiety for as long as i can remember. I have done lots of things to try and overcome it including public speaking courses, meditation, hypnotherapy and medication. It ranges from mild discomfort to fairly extreme panic attacks in certain situations

I have decided enough is enough and I am going to do everything I can to finally overcome it naturally. I think that means actively seeking out as many situations as possible to feel really uncomfortable and just be be comfortable with being uncomfortable.

What I think would be great is if we could get a small group of like minded people to maybe meet up weekly / bi weekly and maybe practise speaking on chosen topics for 2 - 3 minutes at a time in a comfortable, informal setting until such point that we no longer have this mind boggling fear.

My life would be so much better if I didn't have this. Please let me know if there are other people that would be interested in these meetups?

I live in Dublin 6

Thanks guys

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement