If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha RX-V379

Options
  • 03-04-2016 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi folks 

My dad is over from SA at the moment and is  looking for an entry level amp and his eye on the Yamaha RX-V379 this will replace his current Yamaha that has worked well for him over the last 11 years. 

I have the Boston Acoustics soundware 5.1 kit connected to a Denon AVR-1911 which I bought off you a couple of years ago and was thinking if I replaced my front and center speakers he could take the Boston cubes back with him as they are super compact for the luggage. Would you have any deals on Front and centers that would be an upgrade on the soundwares? 

If you could give me some prices in € with delivery to Kildare that would be great. 

Thanks,
    Clayton 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

claytonie wrote: »
    Hi folks 

My dad is over from SA at the moment and is  looking for an entry level amp and his eye on the Yamaha RX-V379 this will replace his current Yamaha that has worked well for him over the last 11 years. 

I have the Boston Acoustics soundware 5.1 kit connected to a Denon AVR-1911 which I bought off you a couple of years ago and was thinking if I replaced my front and center speakers he could take the Boston cubes back with him as they are super compact for the luggage. Would you have any deals on Front and centers that would be an upgrade on the soundwares? 

If you could give me some prices in € with delivery to Kildare that would be great. 

Thanks,
    Clayton 
    Hi Claytonie.

The Yamaha range has been very popular indeed.

The RXV379 is currently priced at 269.99 Euro (inc Delivery)
    https://euro.richersou...p-201455-rxv379.aspx

In terms of upgrading your fronts and center would make you system sound like a complete new one.

We have a deal on some Q Acoustics at the moment:
    Q Acoustics 3010 (Black leather Finish) - Retail 249.99 Euro - We have them on offer at 189.99 Euro (Inc delivery)
    https://euro.richersou...76-3010-leather.aspx

Also the matching center the 3090C which we have reduced to 179.99 Euro (Inc delivery)
    https://euro.richersou...6-3090c-leather.aspx

Let me know what you think and if they don't suit I can come up with a few more for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Thanks Kenny for the quick response :) 

Is there a big difference in using bookshelf speakers vs floorstanders for the front speakers? 

And if you can please put one of the RX-V379 aside for me as I definitely want one just need to decide on speakers. 

Thanks,
    Clayton 

Is there a big difference in using bookshelf speakers vs floorstanders for the front speakers? 
    Hey Claytonie.

There would be a good difference between bookshelfs and floorstanders. Floor standing speakers will have extra drivers providing a lower bass response giving a more fuller sound.

Q Acoustics offer up the 3050's priced at 679.99 Euro (inc Delivery)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201186-3050-leather.aspx

These sound fantastic. We have these speaker running on Demo in our store :)

Hey Claytonie.

There would be a good difference between bookshelfs and floorstanders. Floor standing speakers will have extra drivers providing a lower bass response giving a more fuller sound.

Q Acoustics offer up the 3050's priced at 679.99 Euro (inc Delivery)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201186-3050-leather.aspx

These sound fantastic. We have these speaker running on Demo in our store :)
    Those would be a bit out my budget unfortunately. Would swapping out the Boston acoustics centre for now work and then swap the fronts out a later date or would that more than likely throw the rest of the system out? 

Or alternatively could then bookshelf ones you suggested initially be moved to the rear when I can afford to get floorstanders? 

• Advertisement

Hi claytonie,

I had a look at the Amazon links for the Q Acoustics and we are selling them for the same price. It would be £139 sterling for the 3010s and £129 sterling for the 3090 centre in graphite. The new Q AQcoustics range are fantastic and you could easily move the Bostons to the rear until you upgrade your fronts.

If you have any other questions give me a shout!

Thanks Kenny 

I had missed the leather vs graphite difference so thats perfect would prefer graphite. I have sent you a PM with my details so can proceed.

Regards,
    Clayton 

Thanks Kenny 

I had missed the leather vs graphite difference so thats perfect would prefer graphite. I have sent you a PM with my details so can proceed.

Regards,
    Clayton 
    Hi Claytonie.

Just a little post to let you know your order will be shipping today.

Once it leave I will PM you with your tracking number.

Thanks again for the order :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.