If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UHD TV - KS series

Options
  • 03-04-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

Do you have any plans to get these TV's in stock? Specifically I'm looking for the UE49KS8000 model.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Do you have any plans to get these TV's in stock? Specifically I'm looking for the UE49KS8000 model.

Thanks
    Hi Jonnie_Onion.

We will be stocking the NEW range of Samsung TV's.
    At the moment there is no real release date on them.

They where do to the us on the 28th March but they have still to arrive. They have yet to be even listed on either our UK or Irish website.
    I don't even seem to have pricing at the moment for it, although I think it may be in and around the 2000 Euro bracket.

Here is a little blurb on the 8000 series:
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]Amazing Ultra High Definition Pictures[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]The Samsung UE49KS8000 has an incredible Picture Quality Index rating of 2300, which takes levels of resolution, colour, brightness or contrast. Any TV with a rating as close as to the maximum of 2400 is certain to offer a jaw-dropping viewing experience.[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]A quad-core processor allows it to easily upscale any content channelled through it using Samsung’s SUHD remastering engine. Whether you’re watching some of your old favourite movies on DVD or the latest UHD title from Netflix, the difference in quality is minimised excellently by this fantastic bit of kit.[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]The UE49KS8000 is furnished with a number of goodies to create a stunning visual performance. They include:[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]A Quantum Dot display for unparalleled depth of colour. With 1 billion colours to choose from, the realistic pictures this technology produces is simply breath-taking.[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]Supreme Motion delivers a superbly smooth movies, eliminating the gaps in between frames for much more seamless viewing, even during action movie car chases.[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]Peak Illuminator Pro does what it says on the tin. It takes energy from the darker zones of the picture that don’t need it and channel it into the brighter areas that do. Not only does that make for a better picture, but it does its job without increasing its energy consumption.[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]Ultra Clear Panel combats reflection from light in the room, even with sunlight pouring through the window. Creating crisper high-contrast pictures, the viewer should not suffer if the ambient light is high. No more closing curtains during the day for a better picture!samsung-ue49ks8000txxu-review-4.jpg[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]The KS8000’s audio performance isn’t too bad either. 4.1 channel forward and downward-firing internal speakers offer a powerful 60 watt output. It even supports use of bluetooth headset, TV sound connect and Multi-room link. A truly versatile audio device.[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]Convergence of Technology[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]In 2016, a TV is not just a TV. What the Samsung UE49KS8000TXXU can do would put most computers to shame. From console-free cloud gaming to app-casting there are countless features this model provides:[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]App casting - access hundreds of different applications, radio and TV channels on the big screen through this clever gizmo.[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]Samsung Wake On Lan (WOL) - allows the user to program when the TV comes on and goes off. An ideal function for many uses including your morning alarm or home security application to give the appearance of someone ‘being in’ when you’re away from home. samsung-ue49ks8000txxu-review-3.jpg[/font]
    [font=raleway, Arial, sans-serif]There are far too many functions available to the owner of a Samsung UE49KS8000 to list here. Trust us when we say...there are a lot![/font]

I Will see if our purchasing team has any further release date on this screen and revert back ASAP.

Any questions in the mean time please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

Cheers for the reply Kenny. Yeah I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else. One UK site has the curved 9000 version, but I really need a flatscreen. Was about to pull the trigger on a Panasonic DX model, but saw disappointing reviews of HDR with its edge lit screen. It seems this Samsung does a fairly good job of combating the downsides of edge lighting.

Unfortunately I can't go any higher than 50'', so that rules out a chunk of 2016 models - the joys of negotiation with the wife!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers for the reply Kenny. Yeah I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else. One UK site has the curved 9000 version, but I really need a flatscreen. Was about to pull the trigger on a Panasonic DX model, but saw disappointing reviews of HDR with its edge lit screen. It seems this Samsung does a fairly good job of combating the downsides of edge lighting.

Unfortunately I can't go any higher than 50'', so that rules out a chunk of 2016 models - the joys of negotiation with the wife!
    Hey Jonnie_Onion.

Yeah the whole of the NEW Samsung range seem to be spread over the next 3 months.

We have already sold a good few of the DX range and have the 58DX902 version on display in our demo room. I have to say it has a fantastic picture.

Will see what I come up with the new Samsung range.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

Hi guys,

Any update on this?

I noticed there that the UK site is taking pre-orders on the KS8000, any similar facility for your Irish brethren? :p

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi guys,

Any update on this?

I noticed there that the UK site is taking pre-orders on the KS8000, any similar facility for your Irish brethren? :p
    Cheers jonnie,

We have a couple of the 55" listed on the .ie site, but any that are showing on the UK site, we can preorder for you as well. It just takes our site a bit longer to update with new stock etc

If you do want to preorder, just give us a call on 0044333 900 0070 option 2 or drop us a PM with your contact number

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.