Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Settings

Options
  • 03-04-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭

I have a domain purchased through and hosted with Blacknight (Shared hosting).

I have setup an email account on the  domain and want to check its mail via Outlook 2007 using IMAP

Where can I get the correct incoming and outgoing email settings for use with Outlook 2007 using IMAP?

The email section of the CP gives the following

POP3 server
    pop33r.cp.blacknight.com

IMAP server
    imap5r.cp.blacknight.com

SMTP server
    smtp1r.cp.blacknight.com

All Google search results and the blacknight support pages give the following

Incoming: mail.blacknight.com
    Outgoing: mail.blacknight.com

Which set is correct?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

mail.blacknight.com should work fine - it's an "alias" for the other hostnames
    If you're still having issues please contact our helpdesk directly - there's phone and livechat during office hours: https://www.blacknight.com/support.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Blacknight wrote: »
    mail.blacknight.com should work fine - it's an "alias" for the other hostnames
    If you're still having issues please contact our helpdesk directly - there's phone and livechat during office hours: https://www.blacknight.com/support.html
    Thanks ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement