Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs.ie confusion

Options
  • 04-04-2016 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Ordered a mobo, CPU and case from dabs last week, but the CPU was being posted "directly from supplier" and I got it the other day, fair enough they come separate.

The tracking says my case and mobo should be here by tuesday, but the exact amount for them combined just magically re appeared into my bank account.

Does anyone know what the story is here ? awfully confused.

All items were definitely in stock but I've heard some horror stories from dabs and I want to know if I'm on the safe side or if anyone has had a similar experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

They're useless. I ordered a full build from them two years ago,was sent the wrong cpu plus the mobo was sent "direct from supplier" but never turned up. Had to go searching for their MDs email address to get it sorted since the customer service was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

superg wrote: »
    They're useless. I ordered a full build from them two years ago,was sent the wrong cpu plus the mobo was sent "direct from supplier" but never turned up. Had to go searching for their MDs email address to get it sorted since the customer service was so bad.

Even if it does show up all fine and the money goes back out tomorrow I won't be ordering again, I wasn't expecting to be waiting more than a few days from an irish site\uk based company.
    I've had stuff come from japan faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Amazon and OcUK are good bets.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id avoid them like the plague after my last experience with them, they refused to take back a monitor with a dead pixel because it wasn't in the dead centre of the screen but two inches to the right of dead centre doesn't seem to count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Arrived all fine today, but yeah, not gonna order from them again for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dcully wrote: »
    Id avoid them like the plague after my last experience with them, they refused to take back a monitor with a dead pixel because it wasn't in the dead centre of the screen but two inches to the right of dead centre doesn't seem to count.

At least you got a monitor. I bought a 32" Freesync monitor and had a ****ty Deskjet printer delivered to the office. That was Wednesday and they haven't replied to my emails since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Track down their MDs email address. That's what I had to do when they were ignoring my emails. She was very interested to hear how **** they were doing.

Advertisement